Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dangers of Kettle Corn

Last night while playing one of my favorite video games (Fallout 3). I was munching on some Kettle Corn and broke a molar on the upper left side of my mouth. It cracked all the way up to the gum line, I am sure it went up to the root.

The pain isn't to bad, I will have to call the dentist in the morning and have that beast pulled. Trying to eat on the right side is an adventure.

Blog Entries
    So sorry to hear that.

Yikes. That's not good. I hope they can take care of it Monday.

Blog Entries
    My dentist told me one time that as adults, we probably have a cracked tooth(teeth).. it may never give us a problem, show up on an xray, or it can split in half while eating mashed potatoes.
    It usually started by a jarring injury where our teeth slam together or eating hard foods that we shouldn't have been trying to chew in the first place :roll:
    I hope it doesn't give you too much pain until you can get it fixed!

So sorry! I'm a braceface so I don't eat anything crunchy or chewy now but I once cracked a tooth on a Werther's candy and most of my friends have cracked teeth on Taco Bell bean burritos. Kinda sneaks up on you. When I was 12, I poked a hole in the roof of my mouth with a taco shell. Hole's still there. Had it surgically widened recently to assess the damage and remove a tumor.

Fallout 3 is my all time fave game. My bf and I are finishing up our level cheevos in anticipation of Fallout: New Vegas. The other day, I thought about starting a gamer thread here. Wondering how many gamers are quilty.

I broke one eating a piece of meat a few weeks ago, it must have had a small piece of bone in it, Still haven't gone back to get it out, It isn't hurting and I could wiggle the piece for a few days but maybe it is growing back (?) since now I can't wiggle it. Trying to chew on the other side IS an adventure! Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pookie ookie
    So sorry! I'm a braceface so I don't eat anything crunchy or chewy now but I once cracked a tooth on a Werther's candy and most of my friends have cracked teeth on Taco Bell bean burritos. Kinda sneaks up on you. When I was 12, I poked a hole in the roof of my mouth with a taco shell. Hole's still there. Had it surgically widened recently to assess the damage and remove a tumor.

Fallout 3 is my all time fave game. My bf and I are finishing up our level cheevos in anticipation of Fallout: New Vegas. The other day, I thought about starting a gamer thread here. Wondering how many gamers are quilty.
    My husband can't wait for the new game. I am eagerly waiting Mafia 2 to show up on the 24th. My next game is the Divinity 2 expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Last night while playing one of my favorite video games (Fallout 3). I was munching on some Kettle Corn and broke a molar on the upper left side of my mouth. It cracked all the way up to the gum line, I am sure it went up to the root.

The pain isn't to bad, I will have to call the dentist in the morning and have that beast pulled. Trying to eat on the right side is an adventure.
    Ouch!!! :cry: :evil: Sorrry I hope you are able to get to the dentist soon! :thumbup:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Ouch!!! I love popcorn, but the last box I bought has so many hulls I eat it one at a time, pulling out the big hulls! Makes it last a lot longer! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Get well soon and let us know what the Dentist tells you.

I don't have that fear, I have dentures and I eat hard, crunchy and soft chewy stuff until it sticks. No breakage yet.

Blog Entries
    Ouch...sounds painful! Don't feel bad, my MIL once pulled off a cap with salt water taffy! She wouldn't touch the stuff for a long while after that, but then she gave in 'cause she loves it too much! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Jingleberry
    I don't have that fear, I have dentures and I eat hard, crunchy and soft chewy stuff until it sticks. No breakage yet.
    If your dentures do break or if a tooth happens to fall out. Can you use super glue?..........LOL

no offense Jingle :)

JJs
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleberry
    Don't bet the farm on dentures not breaking - I have an upper partial that's only about 6 years old and teeth have broken off BOTH sides! :evil:

Spose I have to make an appt and see if this can be redone or have to get a new plate - hate to tho, 'cause this fits really great..

PS - YES you can use super glue!! That's exactly what the dentist did when the first tooth broke off of this plate! So when it broke off again and when the second piece broke off, I used super glue... just be careful :wink: :roll:

Well, I am back from the Dentist. He is going to pull the tooth on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Well, I am back from the Dentist. He is going to pull the tooth on Wednesday.
    You poor woman! I really feel for you. I've got dentures & jsut got a tooth replaced today due to ot breaking in half. I crunch on ice all of the time, so it is a wonder it has not happened before now. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday. :wink:

Blog Entries
    OMG. Sorry that happened to you. Doesn't sound like any fun. I remember one time one of my co-workers and I were out to lunch and I bit into a sandwich and the crown on my front tooth came off. I was mortified. Luckily, it was just my friend and I and not a whole group of people, and especially lucky, I didn't swallow the dumb thing. Stuck it back on, called the dentist who said he was just on the way out to play golf. I told him I thought he could wait a little while and fix my tooth. He was nice about, glued it back on and I haven't had any trouble since, thank Heavens.

Thanks everyone, I am not in a lot of pain. Except when I bite down wrong. Then it's like a jolt of electricity shooting through me.

I can't wait to have this tooth gone.

sorry to hear this...I love Kettle corn but HATE the dentist!

Well, the Dentist pulled the tooth this afternoon. It took him about 30 minutes to get that thing out. I am home, in some pain, I shall soon be in lala land as soon as the pain pill kicks in.