Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Daughter School Project Due 4/26/11 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/daughter-school-project-due-4-26-11-a-t118509.html)

Jim 04-25-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank

Originally Posted by Tropical

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I am wondering where the cowboys are riding the range in Tennessee... Maybe they mean the country music crowd -- all hat and no cattle.

I was wondering the same thing!

Me Too.

And me----I said What???

Guess most of us wondered the same thing....perhaps the teacher needs a refresher course...lol...makes me wonder what the teacher would think Kentuckians would dress up as....LOL

As for the subject of this thread I would think pilgrims or patriots would work great for it

SandyMac 04-25-2011 02:36 PM

Isn't salme in Mass. Thats all I'm saying.

vwquilting 04-25-2011 03:50 PM

Check out a site for Plymouth Plantation. These costumes are Indians and Pilgram costumes Plymouth Ma.

janetter 04-25-2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
Mass is associated with Pilgrims, the Red Sox, Patriots, Paul Revere, Whaling, The Freedom Trail, the Boston Tea Party (there you've got Indians as well), Boston Brahmins (rich people), Fishing

That's all I got right now, If I come up with more I'll come back :-)

Yeah my first thought was pilgrim too. quick dolly style hat and long dress or skirt

dljennings 04-25-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
Mass is associated with Pilgrims, the Red Sox, Patriots, Paul Revere, Whaling, The Freedom Trail, the Boston Tea Party (there you've got Indians as well), Boston Brahmins (rich people), Fishing

That's all I got right now, If I come up with more I'll come back :-)

all good suggestions... also ... colonial dresses (ck pilgrim plantation on line photos) anything seafaring.... salem ma was once the richest port in the colonies & opened up a lot of trade w/china... of course the witch trials were there also... whaling... nantucket tourist boards should have a lot of info on that... good luck !

CMARAS1234 04-25-2011 08:06 PM

The scary thing is the hint came from a TEACHER. hehe

jpthequilter 04-26-2011 01:30 AM

What y'all have to remember is that there were indians up there first! Lots of people from there have indian ancestors. My great grandma was an Abenaki. It might be fun to look some tribes up on google. That tea bag sounds sorta like an indian dress. besides, back then, tea came is wooden boxes cause the teabag is such a recent invention I remember it!
and also, we people from new england have a squashed up notion about the size of america... like isn't New York next to Indiana, and that is next to Texas which is next to Callfornia? LOL!

justlooking 04-26-2011 03:41 AM

A lot of good ideas.

dixiebelle162002 04-26-2011 11:42 AM

I wanted to thank all of you so very much for your replies. We decided to go with the tea bag idea. Sometimes when you are so stressed trying to help with the research, poster, and etc. you can't see the forest for the trees. Or least that is the way I am. :lol: :lol:

iamsuthern2 04-27-2011 09:56 AM

make her a red sock outfit she can be dressed as the sock that should get a laugh or a pilgrim but i imagine that will be used alot. dress her as paul revere's horse to be different...sorry i like the different that no one else would think of....lol