Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dead car (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dead-car-t85879.html)

barking-rabbit 12-29-2010 12:44 AM

Looks like my 17 year old SUV will not be traveling with me any longer. It was making an awful clunking noise on the way home. We did make it home but ...and we just had $700 worth of work on it. DH thinks maybe someone messed something up. Now to look for a new vehicle. I hate this and my husband has been having problems with his blood pressure and has a stress test on Thursday.

SuziC 12-29-2010 03:26 AM

I know the feeling....we have a 92 truck and a 95 pathfinder. Hopefully they will last a little longer!

raptureready 12-29-2010 05:32 AM

I know the feeling, I finally had to give up my old Jeep two years ago. A large buck had literally charged into the front of it, then I sort of ran over myself with part of it and really messed the door and front quarter panel up, the motor was making some really funny whining/grinding sounds, the windshield was broken, the driver's window didn't go up, the driver's door only opened from the inside and then wouldn't close (sometimes I drove with my arm out the window literally holding the door closed), and the tires were all bad. I called a local selvage yard and they hauled her away. I was left with a $250 check so it all worked out fine. She really was in bad shape. I bought another bigger Jeep.

Marlys 12-29-2010 06:15 AM

I have the opposite problem. I have 6 cars in my driveway and we only need 4. They all run good, so what do I get rid of!!!

ptquilts 12-29-2010 06:19 AM

sell one to Barking rabbit!!

Marlys 12-29-2010 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
sell one to Barking rabbit!!

Road Trip!!!!

Ramona Byrd 12-29-2010 11:17 AM

My granddaughter went home for Christmas from college, borrowed her DM's almost new car (last payment done THIS month) and hydroplaned a 360 and hit a post. Mom and Dad rushed over there and while waiting for the cop to finish writing his report, a big pickup came around the corner, also hydroplaned and hit the car again!!! Talk about a good witness to the accident!!

It wasn't one of their better Christmases!!!

AnnieH 12-29-2010 12:05 PM

Sorry for your troubles. Look after yourselves. I hope 2011 brings you better luck and health.
Annie

barking-rabbit 12-29-2010 03:28 PM

UPdate with the car. Dh went and talked to the garage where work had been done on the car not to long ago and they are going to check their work to see if it was their mistake and if it is then they will mix the problem. snow roads today and the engine man is on jury duty so they won't be able to check until Monday. Have my fingers crossed. Thanks for the offer of a car.

raptureready 12-30-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Marlys
I have the opposite problem. I have 6 cars in my driveway and we only need 4. They all run good, so what do I get rid of!!!

Two extra cars to license, insure, maintain, and put gas in....hmmm.......

Just think, if you were to pick two to sell with the money you'd get for them and the money you'd save we're talking major shop hop here. Or you could get a new machine, or remodel your sewing room, add on a sewing room, or maybe (depending on make, milage and condition) all of the above.