Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Diet Pepsi...New Formula...Thoughts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/diet-pepsi-new-formula-thoughts-t269294.html)

nativetexan 08-27-2015 05:15 PM

I know, even my chicken noodle soup isn't the same as when i was a child. Used to love it, now it's OK.

Anniedeb 08-27-2015 05:18 PM

I feel your pain! While not a diet Pepsi drinker, I was addicted to regular coke. Due to health issues I had to switch to diet. Couldn't stand diet coke, but now can tolerate coke zero. Hope you find something you like!

julie 08-27-2015 05:26 PM

hmm, I drink at least 3 Diet Pepsis every day, didn't notice anything different. maybe I'm immune. lol

Linda71 08-27-2015 07:37 PM

I drink diet pepsi when I want something fizzy. You may have to drive to Canada to get your drink, I was told that our formula did not change. I haven't had one for a while so I can't confirm this.

mrs. fitz 08-28-2015 06:16 AM

A possible alternative for you - water flavor drops. Can't think of the name brand but Walmart's Great Value makes it easy and pleasant to drink water and costs a dollar less. I still have a glass of diet cola several times a week but find I actually guzzle water and we all know how important water is to our health.

SewinSue 08-28-2015 06:41 AM

I anxiously awaited Diet Pepsi with Splenda since Aspartame gives me the big "D". Finally our grocery store had it and my husband was so happy to buy some for me. I agree it is awful...just a bitter taste to me. Coke had their Aspartame free cola out a few weeks before Pepsi and although I have always been a die hard Pepsi fan I think Coke with Splenda is a little better.

Geri B 08-28-2015 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz (Post 7299941)
A possible alternative for you - water flavor drops. Can't think of the name brand but Walmart's Great Value makes it easy and pleasant to drink water and costs a dollar less. I still have a glass of diet cola several times a week but find I actually guzzle water and we all know how important water is to our health.

Yes, that is what I like too. Also like to keep a pitcher of water in fridge with a few slices of cucumber in it...very refreshing.

cathyvv 08-28-2015 07:47 AM

OH, No! I love diet pepsi the old way. Haven't tried the new sweetener.

diet coke - put a bit of lemon in it to make it less sweet. that might help.

OCquilter 08-28-2015 08:06 AM

Another alternative is to get a carbonated drink machine and make your own out of juice or flavored water.

Onebyone 08-28-2015 08:28 AM

I am a Diet Pepsi addict (in fact, the doctor says I no longer have blood in my veins, just Diet Pepsi!
Wow. That's a lot of artificial ingredients for your body to have to process. I don't think aspartame will be in many food items anymore from the last study results made about the product. The only soda brand I buy is Hansen. I love the creamy root beer for ice cream floats. You may like it as it does have a diet line.