Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diet Pepsi...New Formula...Thoughts?

Diet Pepsi...New Formula...Thoughts?

I am a Diet Pepsi addict (in fact, the doctor says I no longer have blood in my veins, just Diet Pepsi!).
    Imagine my surprise when I picked up the familiar bottle and it is now made with Splenda, not asparetame (nutrasweet). Okay...I'll try it....DIGUSTING! UNDRINKABLE! Called the company, they will not be going back to the old formulation....Boo....now what will I drink? Hate water, can't have more than one cup of coffee per day, tea is okay but even though DD works a a tea shop - blah. Love my carbonation. DD says to drink "fuzzy" water (aka seltzer...no chemicals, flavored and carbonated). Guess I have no real choice. I think Diet Coke is too "sweet", but may have to try it again. Why can't companies stop doing "new and improved"...it's never better, usually worse.

Has anyone else tried the "new" Diet Pepsi? What do you think?
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Oh that is a sadness for sure. I love my Diet Coke and would be way sad if it was changed. We were in Europe and they have Coke Light which tastes awful to me. I didn't have any for two weeks. My first sip was on the plane on the way home with good old regular Diet coke. Have you tried Coke Zero? It seems less sweet to me. I don't love it but it will do in a pinch.
    Alyce

Don't drink diet soda at all so can't really an offer an opinion on that. But, did just mention to someone else this AM that, for me, 'new & improved' rarely is. Good luck finding a new beverage.

I agree about new and improved. For me, it's rarely better. It usually tastes worse if it's food or doesn't work as well if it's a cleaning product. I'll take old and unimproved any day.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I couldn't agree with you more. I bought the new diet Pepsi, and it was really bad. I am so upset.. I didn't realize that the bottle was different until I poured it into my coffee mug at work. I mentioned to someone else, and he did a taste test, and agreed with me..

Remember when they changed Coke? There was such an uproar they had to offer it again as Coke Classic? Maybe they'll do the same with Pepsi - call it Perpetual Pepsi or some such.

I'm a diet Dr. Pepper fiend, but since I found out that Dr. Thunder is the same thing (and much cheaper) I switched to that. I find that if I'm in a different part of the country my beverage tastes slightly different, possibly because of the water that's used to make it.

Blog Entries
    Gee, I was looking forward to buying the new diet Pepsi, to get rid of the aspertaine. Maybe I'll rethink this.

Blog Entries
    The artificial sweeteners cause more problems than they solve, so I avoid them as much as possible. I drink perhaps one soda a week and it's a regular one, not diet. Here's a link that explains why I don't like them:
    http://www.prevention.com/health/dia...nd-weight-gain

Edit: Hope that didn't come off too preachy! I just don't think diet beverages are good for anybody.
    Last edited by Prism99; 08-27-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Maybe you can find a couple you can mix together? When I am out and about (don't drink it much at home), I like Coke with a dash of Dr. Pepper. It gives it a little more kick. Maybe Diet Coke with a splash of seltzer would tone down the sweetness a bit? (Don't like diet anything so just guessing as to a mix. Sorry)

,as someone who cannot tolerate Aspartame, it is a good thing. Will be glad to get my diabetic husband off the stuff.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

Blog Entries
    I know, even my chicken noodle soup isn't the same as when i was a child. Used to love it, now it's OK.

I feel your pain! While not a diet Pepsi drinker, I was addicted to regular coke. Due to health issues I had to switch to diet. Couldn't stand diet coke, but now can tolerate coke zero. Hope you find something you like!

hmm, I drink at least 3 Diet Pepsis every day, didn't notice anything different. maybe I'm immune. lol

Blog Entries
    I drink diet pepsi when I want something fizzy. You may have to drive to Canada to get your drink, I was told that our formula did not change. I haven't had one for a while so I can't confirm this.

A possible alternative for you - water flavor drops. Can't think of the name brand but Walmart's Great Value makes it easy and pleasant to drink water and costs a dollar less. I still have a glass of diet cola several times a week but find I actually guzzle water and we all know how important water is to our health.

I anxiously awaited Diet Pepsi with Splenda since Aspartame gives me the big "D". Finally our grocery store had it and my husband was so happy to buy some for me. I agree it is awful...just a bitter taste to me. Coke had their Aspartame free cola out a few weeks before Pepsi and although I have always been a die hard Pepsi fan I think Coke with Splenda is a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
    A possible alternative for you - water flavor drops. Can't think of the name brand but Walmart's Great Value makes it easy and pleasant to drink water and costs a dollar less. I still have a glass of diet cola several times a week but find I actually guzzle water and we all know how important water is to our health.
    Yes, that is what I like too. Also like to keep a pitcher of water in fridge with a few slices of cucumber in it...very refreshing.

OH, No! I love diet pepsi the old way. Haven't tried the new sweetener.

diet coke - put a bit of lemon in it to make it less sweet. that might help.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Another alternative is to get a carbonated drink machine and make your own out of juice or flavored water.

I am a Diet Pepsi addict (in fact, the doctor says I no longer have blood in my veins, just Diet Pepsi!
    Wow. That's a lot of artificial ingredients for your body to have to process. I don't think aspartame will be in many food items anymore from the last study results made about the product. The only soda brand I buy is Hansen. I love the creamy root beer for ice cream floats. You may like it as it does have a diet line.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I remember when COKE changed it's formula and then it was a failure so they went back to the original formula. I now enjoy a Dr Pepper BOLD in the morning. Has only 10 calories per can. Pepsi was always too sweet for me.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Talking

Whatever we drink, as long we can get up in the morning, feeling beautiful and ready to create the treasured creations " quilt" thanks heaven above!

I haven't been able to use any aspertame products - found out that was causing my migraines. Stopped the diet sugars and no more migraines. But I am able to use the Splenda but if it is used as the manufacture says it is horrid - all you can taste is the Splenda. My preference is iced tea over soda and I drink it black. But some times I do want a Coke so I have the real thing not the diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Grandma View Post
    ,as someone who cannot tolerate Aspartame, it is a good thing. Will be glad to get my diabetic husband off the stuff.
    I totally agree with you. Aspartame gives me terrible headaches, migraines is what the doctor thought.

Sharon in Texas

According to all the EXPERTS, diet anything is not good for anyone. The artificial sweetners are basically chemicals & cause more problems than one would think. I try & stay from any DIET stuff as much as possible. IMHO.
    Dance like no one is watching

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast