Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diet Pepsi...New Formula...Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    According to all the EXPERTS, diet anything is not good for anyone. The artificial sweetners are basically chemicals & cause more problems than one would think. I try & stay from any DIET stuff as much as possible. IMHO.
    I am with you, Callen. I can't imagine why anyone would want to put all those chemicals in their bodies and/or all that sugar. I never drink diet soda, to me it tastes horrible, and very rarely have a regular soda. Water is fine for me.

to each his own, I guess. I have cut back on the Diet Coke a lot but I do have about 4 ounces in the a.m. after my coffee. Sometimes I have about 4 ounces in the afternoon and I never order it in a restaurant, but, it is my guilty pleasure. My doctors all know about this. I do eat very healthy I think, minimal fried (almost none) and processed foods, mostly local grown or organic, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc. I stopped drinking fruit juice when I read that it is mostly sugar and to go with the fresh fruit instead. Good luck to all of us trying to figure out what is the best way to go, with all the conflicting information out there!!!!!
    Alyce

Remember if it's free don't buy it.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    The artificial sweeteners cause more problems than they solve, so I avoid them as much as possible. I drink perhaps one soda a week and it's a regular one, not diet. Here's a link that explains why I don't like them:
    http://www.prevention.com/health/dia...nd-weight-gain

Edit: Hope that didn't come off too preachy! I just don't think diet beverages are good for anybody.
    Yes, diet soda causes many problems. I think our obesity as well as diabetes problems have to do with artificial sweeteners. I am allergic to Aspertame, so have to read all labels when buying.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I drink a lot of water through out a 24 hour period about 80 ounces. Have never liked diet drinks. it is because of the aspartame. I would literally get sick to my stomach because of the aftertaste. Splenda is way too sweet. The only soda I can stomach is Sprite or 7-UP. I only drink a few ounces at a time. When we go out to eat, DH and I drink unsweetened ice tea or coffee if it's breakfast. So doesn't bother me. If I want my tea sweetened, I just use a small bit of honey.
    Last edited by tessagin; 08-29-2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    The artificial sweeteners cause more problems than they solve, so I avoid them as much as possible. I drink perhaps one soda a week and it's a regular one, not diet. Here's a link that explains why I don't like them:
    http://www.prevention.com/health/dia...nd-weight-gain

Edit: Hope that didn't come off too preachy! I just don't think diet beverages are good for anybody.
    I do not drink soda from a company, I use a Soda Stream to make my homemade ginger ale with Stevia. Even that is not consumed on a regular basis, only after a hot day of yard work.
    Did you know that Splenda was created in a lab as an insecticide--YUMMM! Totally agree diet stuff is not good.
    Back to my little corner of the world.
    Jan

For me, Aspartame is deadly I have a sever alergic reaction to any artificial sweetner, but can tolerate Splenda. So if I were a diet drink enthusiast, I would be thrilled. the artificial sweetners (NutraSweet, SweetNLow, etc) can hospitalize me by being opened across the room if a breeze blows it in my direction.

It has no taste!
    Linda J.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaJ View Post
    It has no taste!
    What has no taste?

When I was young I liked coke as much as the next person but it's contribution to dental decay etc has been known for a long time so that when the kids came along sugary drinks etc were a big no no. At home we only have fizzy drinks in the house over the festive period. The food industry really needs to be taken to task for the cocktail of chemicals it uses. Aspartame is a poison so we avoid all products with this as much as possible. We have also attempted to eliminate sugar from our diets, so no 'low fat' products, and we also stopped buying mass produced bread. No sugar has been a difficult one but we substitute honey or maple syrup when making desserts and either make our own bread or buy from a baker that uses traditional bread making techniques. We just got fed up of manufacturers selling us 'toxic' foods.

i know my Diet Coke isn't good for me but I don't drink, smoke, eat sugar or gluten. Its my only vice!
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2