Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Throwback Pepsi

I just saw this in the store today. It's Pepsi made with real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It was on sale along with the regular Pepsi at the same price.

Has anyone tried it? Do you notice a difference?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    All of the soda companies are doing this. The use of corn products in E85 (fuel) has caused the demand (and therefore the price) for corn to go up, and because the government is subsidizing it, the farmers make more money selling corn for fuel than for food. This makes products like corn syrup more expensive, so cane sugar is the more economical choice. I think this "throwback" campaign by the soda companies is just a marketing gimmick; I don't notice a difference in flavor, but that's just me. Others may feel different.

I have not seen these in grocery stores in my area.

It taste alot sweeter to me.
    I love pepsi it's the first thing I grab in the morning.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I like it.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I think there's a difference in taste - better in my opinion- sweeter- But Im just a Pepsi Junky..

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I like it.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I think there's a difference in taste - better in my opinion- sweeter- But Im just a Pepsi Junky..
    Me too says I as I reach for my glass of Pepsi that is always at my side.LOL :lol:

I've tried it in Mountain dew, I could taste a difference, it wasn't bad though. My family & I rarely drink soft drinks so my taste buds aren't used to it. :)

I don't like either Pepsi or Coke, but I tried the throwback Pepsi and liked it.

Blog Entries
    i haven't seen it here either yet. but i think pepsi tastes better in the glass bottle. ocasionally i make the drive to detroit, to get just 1 or two bottles..lol it is made in mexico..says so on the bottle. i don't care who makes it..it brings back so many memories and tastes wonderful! i don't share it either!

Blog Entries
    I like the throw back Pepsi a lot better.I've been drinking the Lipton brand White Tea,oh i do like the Sprite that Coke puts out.Connie in CO

My daughter-in-law is allergic to high-fructose and
    the Pepsi throw back she can drink.

I get a kick out of the display saying "made with real sugar" - so what were they using before, fake sugar? Making themselves look bad....

Well I cannot say, but I will ask DH as he drinks coke and pepsi. I am a tea person.

I haven't seen it yet in my area.

I think they're going back to sugar because high-fructose corn syrup has a bad reputation. I don't drink/eat products that have that. I like the Dr. Pepper with the real sugar although I don't have it very often.

No, I haven't noticed it in our area either.

Actually in the Mexican food section of my grocery store they sell Pepsi made with sugar and sold in glass bottles. It is pretty pricey, but I get one every once in a while just to remember what soda in glass bottles was like.

Also I believe at Passover time you can get "kosher" soft drinks that are made with real sugar (something about corn being a grain). Some people who like the taste stock up then. They have a different color cap, I think. *the soft drinks, not the people.

Blog Entries
    I'd just like all sodas to be in glass bottles. they taste so much better than when in cans or plastic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    I think they're going back to sugar because high-fructose corn syrup has a bad reputation. I don't drink/eat products that have that. I like the Dr. Pepper with the real sugar although I don't have it very often.
    On the east coast, this is the reason, no one buys anything with high fructose corn syrup as it is. Very bad for you and terrible for children. Most of our products, like catsup has a bright label that states NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. Even my 12 yo granddaughter refuses anything with HFCS. She is taught in school how it contributes to the increase in childhood diabetes and overweight. No HFCS in my house, but they are changing the name now to hide it.

Even HEB (grocery in TX) has come out with store brand soda made with cane sugar. Dr. Pepper is really good when made with cane sugar. Tastes like when I was growing up. Haven't tried Coke and Pepsi, but am curious now.

To those who haven't seen it in their stores, this is the first time I've seen it, but I noticed the picture I got off the web has a 2010 date on it. So I guess others have had it before I got it.

And no, it's not a switch back. They offer both kinds in the 12-can case, but only the corn syrup kind in their bottles.

I'd love to see it in glass bottles again - except that now even glass isn't pure. It can have coatings that may not be so good for us.

Blog Entries
    I hadn't seen this yet... I wouldn't be a good taster, all regular pop tastes funny to me, I have been drinking diet for too long :D:D:D

I was addicted to Pepsi and was drinking at least a liter a day. Gave it up on January 1 and lost 20 lbs. Now if I take a sip of it its just so sweet. Took a lot of will power to get off but now I am drinking water with lemon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast