Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dishwasher - which one is the best (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dishwasher-one-best-t135079.html)

jaciqltznok 07-04-2011 11:29 AM

I like my Maytag, but the best are BOSCH and Kitchen aide

lovestosew 07-04-2011 12:06 PM

KitchenAid. We have one for about 7 years. Never have to even rinse a dish and they come out clean. We did get the top of the lIne. I'd I remember correctly we paid about $1000.

Ellen 07-04-2011 12:06 PM

I love my Whirlpool Silent Partner I....obviously it's quiet. The only reason I rinse my dishes off is because I only run it 2 times a week normally and don't want the food to dry on. I also don't want little ground up stuff to accumulate at the bottom of the machine where it's supposed to grind stuff up in the drain.
This machine has a short rinse cycle you can use without washing. The silverware tray is in the door. This dishwasher holds a LOT and big stuff too. Oh, and I can turn off heated drying. Saves a ton in electric costs.
I've heard Whirlpool makes a lot of other brands like Kenmore and don't remember the others....I think Signature (Montgomery Ward) too....and others.
I think we paid about $400.

renee765 07-04-2011 12:21 PM

I wouldn't trade my Bosch for ANYTHING! My living room and kitchen are open, and I used to have to run my old dishwasher in the middle of the night because you couldn't hear conversation or the tv while it was running.

I got a new Bosch about 6 years ago, and I can run it while I have company and nobody even realizes it's on. And, I am always very happy at how clean the dishes are!

Prism99 07-04-2011 12:24 PM

I have a Bosch that cleans well and is whisper quiet. I have it set so it does not heat for the drying cycle, as that is more economic.

The one problem I have had is that I have a tol Kitchenaid food processor, and I suspect that the Bosch gets so hot that it has prematurely aged the plastic pieces of the food processor. Has anyone else had this problem? Prior to the Kitchenaid I had a Cuisinart food processor for maybe 10 years, and its plastic pieces did not craze and crack like this -- but it was washed in a Kitchenaid dishwasher (that was noisier than my Bosch).

Have been curious about this for ages.....

mummadee 07-05-2011 02:55 AM

Had a top of the line Kenmore and it stunk when the dishes were clean! Did it all, even dishwasher cleaner. Gave up and bought a Bosch. Wonderful, like someone else said, you don't need to "top rack" things, can put them anywhere they fit. Soooo quiet too. Love my Bosch.

Janetlmt 07-05-2011 03:27 AM

I have a Maytag..it works great!
I had a GE and had nothing but trouble with it.

ssgramma 07-05-2011 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by oz-quilter
Go the Bosch. The loudest sound is the little door opening to let the tablet out. I have had mine 8 years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Mine is 7 & I love it!

DeeBooper 07-05-2011 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
I vote Maytag as it heats its own water and does a phenomenal job of cleaning. Stay away from Frigidaire, they just don't clean well at all.

I agree about Frigidaires....I bought one for my house and my mom has a new one and we aren't getting any more. They do a very poor job of cleaning!

meanmom 07-05-2011 04:17 AM

I have a Kitchen aide that is about 8 years old. It was the top of the line at the time. I never rinse my dishes just dump most of the food off and throw them in. This bothers my mom who practically washes hers first. I have very few things that don't come clean. Sometimes they sit in there a few days before the dishwasher runs and the food even has time to dry on them. I would buy another one.