Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dishwasher recommendations (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dishwasher-recommendations-t292289.html)

SewSassy 11-01-2017 06:36 AM

Dishwasher recommendations

We are in the process of changing out our kitchen cabinets and decided we would update the dishwasher. What suggestions can you ladies make ..... do you have a brand that actually gets the dishes clean? without having to "prewash" the dishes. Any help you can give will be helpful.

Boston1954 11-01-2017 06:58 AM

I actually wash mine by hand, but I believe that Whirlpool is a noted brand. I would say go to the store and take a look. Ask questions, and don't be afraid to say "I'm just looking". Do they deliver....will they take away the old one and how much will it be...That kind of thing.

SusieQOH 11-01-2017 07:05 AM

My sister just got new appliances- all LG and she loves them.

dunster 11-01-2017 08:14 AM

I replaced with LG at my house in Oregon. It was so quiet, and it sang a song to me when it finished. It took me a while to figure out where the music was coming from.

francie yuhas 11-01-2017 08:18 AM

I love my Bosch....gets dishes clean,very quiet,just need to scrap stuff off dishes.....no prewashing

Trisher 11-01-2017 08:28 AM

I love my Bosch too. It has a stainless steel interior which always looks clean. It uses a minimum amount of water which is good for our septic field. Dishes come out spotless. It does take almost 3 hours to complete a cycle though.

cashs_mom 11-01-2017 01:50 PM

I've had 2 of the top of the line Sears Elite dishwashers and have been really happy with them. Stainless inside and washes really well. I am NOT good and doing more than just rinsing the dishes before I put them in.

Stitchnripper 11-01-2017 01:54 PM

We are very pleased with our Bosch. Going on 2.5 years. Very quiet. The instruction manual says not to prewash - something about the food residue interacting with the dishwasher soap for a better result.

suern3 11-01-2017 03:25 PM

We bought a Bosch from Lowes in July. It was on sale plus free installation. The dishes are completely clean without "prewashing". We remove junks, of course, although it has a soft food disposer. I use the automatic clean and extra dry settings. It takes about 2 and 1/2 hours. Normally run it at bedtime, anyway, so doesn't matter. Very quiet, especially compared to our old one!

KLO 11-01-2017 04:03 PM

I had to replace a GE and ended up with an LG that looks very similar to what I had. And just an FYI: I started the GE as I was hand washing some things I don't put in the washer and while I was still standing there, it started smoking. Turned it off and try starting it again and smoke started pouring out again. Yikes! DH looked inside the door wiring and we could see where the wires had started to fry. I am so thankful that we didn't (and never do) start the machine and leave the house or go to bed. We are pretty sure that a fire would have started in the machine if we have left it running.