Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do all quilters have a cat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-all-quilters-have-cat-t57884.html)

MistyMarie 08-05-2010 07:27 PM

I have three - Sniper (a major bird catcher, squirrel eater, and a mouse's nightmare!), Kimber (a huge furball that sheds on everything!), and Varget (a beautiful siamese that is the sweetest kitty I've ever owned.)

We used to have a Magnum (got hit by a speeding mercedes), and a Winchester (stolen by a kid at a neighbor's garage sale).

I also have two turtles - Smith and Wesson. They keep the cats occupied... staring at their tank! (We also have a bunch of feeder fish that the turtles refuse to eat so they kinda are "pets".)

mountain-moma 08-05-2010 07:34 PM

No can't be around cats due to allergic reactions

littlehud 08-06-2010 06:00 AM

I love your kitty. I have a few cats, a dachshund, and two birds.

Olivia's Grammy 08-06-2010 07:16 AM

I have two cats, aage 5. They love to spread out on the cutting table when I am trying to cut. I always check with new students to make sure they aren't afarid or allergic to cats. Emmy will jump in anyones lap. Reggie is a little more reserved. They will hide if you come into the house, but in the sewing studio they will come visit. Funny cats.

JenniePenny 08-06-2010 07:59 AM

Two cats. One in Avatar.

lynnie 08-06-2010 08:37 AM

of course, cats=quilts
a maine coone, Mr. Xanadu the Charging Grimmel Kin
Xanadu for short
(grimmel Kin is olde english for cat)

Lucky-Lady-Laur 08-06-2010 08:49 AM

Ha ha we're Cat Ladies too funny. Yup I have one a Smoke Himalayan named Whisper, a Golden Retriever, Fynn and a Lizard named Puff to round it all out. Actually the bearded dragon is my daughters.

ProudGranny5 08-07-2010 02:30 AM

No cats here. Scared to death of them like some are afraid of snakes, etc. After a cat bit me on the arm & wouldn't let go, clinging to my arm for over 5 minutes...I am scared of any cat.
Had 2 many years ago...a gray one we called 'Ghost' & a huge tomcat named 'Butterscotch' (Butter) we called him.
NOW only 2 dogs, a beagle named 'Rebel' & a Lab/boxer named 'Hi-Dee' she is my retriever of slippers, remote, or anything else I drop.
Oh, I have a part-timer fat beagle named 'Chuey' that is living with us as well as my daughter & her twins. He sleeps all day & enjoys living with us!

tdgiffin 08-07-2010 02:35 AM

We have two kitties here, and we are babysitting a grandkitty for a few weeks until DD moves into her apartment. One of ours is a "Garfied" type of cat (chub and all), except that he has white paw, a white bib, and no kidding, white "tightie whities"! Our other kitty is an Egyptian Mau, and she sleeps with me every night, often in my arms.

CraftsByRobin 08-07-2010 02:42 AM

dogs here ..