Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you dye your gray hair & other grooming secrets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-dye-your-gray-hair-other-grooming-secrets-t52322.html)

Lynnc 07-04-2010 01:37 PM

I'm 55 and will keep dyeing my hair until who knows when. My husband once told me I didn't need to do it for him. I asked him why would I do it for him!!. I love the guy though. I do it because my hair which is down to my waist, is the only thing I feel proud of. I have scoliosis and am bent over really bad and use a mobility scooter. My hair grows so fast I have to color it every 3 to 4 weeks, but I'm worth it. Well, my ego is.

Ditter43 07-04-2010 03:33 PM

I don't color it any more. I've always had strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes.My hair is getting grayer but still looks more blonde then grey. I quit wearing makeup for the most part when I retired. I wear glasses and can't see to put mascara on without making a mess. My GD asked me last week why I don't paint my toenails(she's almost 5) It's so much easier this way....I am wash and go ready..... :D

nannya54 07-05-2010 04:42 AM

I am not getting gray. I am highlighting naturally.

Lostn51 07-05-2010 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by fabric-holic
I've been going gray since I was in my 20s. I used to color it religiously till I was about 40 or 45. Then I let the color grow out because I was curious to see if I was 100% gray yet. I wasn't but the salt and pepper wasn't too bad looking. So I quit.

Honestly from a guys stand point Grey in a womans hair is sexy to me and I never had a problem with it. It shows maturity and lets me know that you do not mind aging gracefully, also it shows confidence. But as far as I am concerned I am past the salt and pepper stage and going head first in the grey area and I am not in the least bit worried about it.

Even though I am 44 and I had to go through hell getting all of these grey hairs and by golly I am showing them off!!! Plus I keep getting looks and flirts from younger women so it must be pleasing to the eye.

I guess I am just a Big Sexy Daddy!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy

sew_southern 07-05-2010 08:15 AM

I'm 40 and I don't have gray hair, the name on the box says Light Golden Brown! Lol :)

Now I only wear full makeup to church, to a nice resturaunt or other important event. Only eyeliner & mascara everywhere else, none if I'm home.

pollyjvan9 07-05-2010 08:54 AM

Natural Gray (white) in front still dark in back. My hair grows so fast I always looked like a skunk when I had my hair colored. Only tried it a very few times. I like my hair, makes me look like my Dad. Blush, lipstick and mascara with a very light eye shadow unless going somewhere special. At home, What You See Is What You Get!

BKinCO 07-05-2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Honestly from a guys stand point Grey in a womans hair is sexy to me and I never had a problem with it. It shows maturity and lets me know that you do not mind aging gracefully, also it shows confidence.

Billy

Well bully for you :) It's nice to hear a guys point of view though!!!!! I, however, am not planning on going gray for a very long time, though...My husband is well aware that he better budget for me to get my hair highlighted and colored ;)

Up North 07-05-2010 02:08 PM

Billy, I also deserved and earned each and every grey hair. About once every other year I decide to frost mine but my hubby is 10 years older than me and has been grey since he was 30 and his hair is snow white like his moms!!. Mine is mostly dark with a few a few silvers through out it like my moms. She is 80 and still has mostly dark hair.

thismomquilts 07-05-2010 02:15 PM

I am 48 and have very little grey - people SAY they still have to look close to see any. I do not and will not ever dye my hair - I see nothing wrong with doing it - I just don't want the hassle... I'd rather just have grey and not worry about if it's covered or not... figure if I don't start I won't have to keep it up... our very grey haired pastor still does not believe that I don't color my hair!!

zz-pd 07-05-2010 09:57 PM

I am a natural blond, so my gray hair are white, which provides me with natural high lights. God bless. Penny