Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you enjoy Snow? If so please post your snow pictures for all of us to enjoy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-enjoy-snow-if-so-please-post-your-snow-pictures-all-us-enjoy-t72827.html)

amandasgramma 10-29-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
What nice pictures!!! Being from Southern California, I love seeing the pictures of snow from the east. This last one with the blue snow/ice is spectacular. However, I know that it can create hardship also. Never thought of "snow" as a 4 letter word though. Here on the west coast "fire" is our 4 letter word.

Thanks for posting the pictures...................

Southern west coast worries about fires. We're in Central Oregon and we worry about fires AND snow!

rahaube 10-29-2010 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We had a lot of snow last year. I like snow best when I can stay inside and look out at it. Don't like driving in it. I got a lot of quilting done last winter when we couldn't go out for a week at a time. This is what my house looked like when we returned from Florida last February.

BATIKQLTR 10-29-2010 07:44 PM

I'm curious as to how you keep the inside of your houses warm. Our gas/electric bills are so high here in So.Cal.. I've often wondered..............

Riversong 10-29-2010 07:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some from last March..

Lyncat 10-29-2010 09:34 PM

I love seeing these pictures. It was 94 degrees when I drove home from work this afternoon. Now it has cooled down outside and we have all the windows open to catch the breeze.

CAgirl1 10-29-2010 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We don't see much snow in our area, but we got this last year sometime (can't remember when exactly), but something you need to know is that our elevation is 17 ft above sea level so this is definitely a rare picture.

Rann 10-29-2010 10:08 PM

Being a very south Georgia person, I love the few opportunities I have to see it. I enjoyed the 2 or 3 inches when I was in Atlanta in 2-10.

amandasgramma 10-30-2010 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
I'm curious as to how you keep the inside of your houses warm. Our gas/electric bills are so high here in So.Cal.. I've often wondered..............

We use wood heat 95% of the time in the winter. We have a good sense home -- use 2 1/2 cords of wood...if we had to buy the wood, at $130. a cord, it's the cheapest way to go. As it is, we "harvest" the wood off our property. Lodgepole pine is the wood - I call it a weed.....pulled 64 seedlings out of my 60 foot flower bed last summer in just one day!!!!! The next week, there were almost as many!!

Rita's mom 10-30-2010 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We haven't got snow yet this year but this is from last year. This is what I see out my sewing room window.

Favorite Fabrics 10-30-2010 05:42 PM

Oh, I LOVE your view, Rita's Mom!!