Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you enter online give aways? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-enter-online-give-aways-t245261.html)

Onebyone 04-18-2014 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6681172)
I am not a "heavy user" but I have entered on occasion. I firmly believe some people are luckier than others. Don't know why this is but here is an example.....I worked in the same hospital for years and I would always enter their little give aways...nothing big, but just fun coupons, etc. one of my employees entered many of the same contests I did. I can't tell you how many times he won in a 10 year period! It was a large hospital but people knew Brad....that nurse on 5th who wins everything! I on the other hand never won, no exaggeration. I always tried to convince him to go buy lottery tickets for me, lol. For some reason he never bought lottery tickets, crazy kid!

I believe in that! I want to be lucky so I think I will win, not that I won't. Positive thinking and having expectations for good things to come my way has always worked for me. I taught my kids to think the same way. Can't hurt. And I don't buy lottery tickets. I don't believe lottery is a good thing.

KyKaren1949 04-18-2014 01:22 PM

I enter any contest I see! lol Just won a$60 Kitchen Aid hand mixer on a Facebook recipe site. I won about 30 free quilting books from one of the publishing companies about three years ago-that was awesome!

LynnVT 04-18-2014 01:59 PM

I tend to win little stuff - I've won the block swap at our guild four times in two years. In fact, I was really sure I'd win something with all the drawings in the VT Shop Hop and was disappointed that I didn't win a thing. Silly, huh? Oh, well. Once in a while I enter the Better Homes & Gardens site drawings, but never won anything there either. Guess I should look up some blog sites and see what they have to offer. I agree about having a separate email for stuff like that.

M.Elizabeth 04-18-2014 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 6678383)
I don't enter anything, on line or not. Just the way I am.

Also the way I am!!!!

0tis 04-18-2014 05:59 PM

I do enter fabric giveaways on blogs - but I've never won - but I am hopeful.

cathyvv 04-18-2014 07:54 PM

Nope. They all want my email id and I get way too many junk emails as it is.

oldtisme 04-18-2014 08:13 PM

I enter giveaways frequently unless it's through ( darn I can't remember the name of the winning drawing company) where you have to go to so many sites & sign up for their FB page ect ect. I have only won once a 8pk of Aurifil threads. But I have to say that I once received a mailer from a truck/car dealership to see if I won the grand prize, we went down & DH did buy me a new truck, a month later I was notified that the grand prize winner never showed up so I won 2nd place prize...$2,000 CASH!! I was the good wife & gave it all to DH for bills but did ask if I could have 1 of the $100 bills...of course DH gave it to me...unfortunately this was 2 yrs ago before I got into quilting. Imagine having a free $100.00 to spend at maybe Joanns with a 40% coupon & a 15% off total purchase!

zennia 04-19-2014 03:45 AM

I have been doing the fab shop hop for a few years but never won anything. I was telling a quilting friend about it and she won twice in 6 months.
Same with blogs, I have entered but never won.
They say never give up but I am close to it.

Onebyone 04-22-2014 04:45 AM

I entered 12 blog give aways this morning. It took 9 minutes. I use the same comment for every give away. Just copy and paste. 99% of them use the random number system.