Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have AAA insurance? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-aaa-insurance-t33228.html)

amma 01-06-2010 01:26 AM

Towing, jump starts, discounts at motels, and other purchases :D:D:D It's a great deal :D:D:D

BellaBoo 01-06-2010 03:39 PM

The first time I used it, broken down on the road, it was worth every penny for membership for the next five years. Free tow, free assistance, peace of mind with two kids in the car. If you don't have OnStar then you need AAA if you drive out of family or friends range.

BethM54 01-07-2010 09:10 AM

I don't know about other states, but AAA in Rhode Island offers Registry of Motor Vehicle services like renewing licenses, registrations, etc., which is sure quicker and easier than dealing with the DMV. That alone is worth the cost of membership. Also, I have had to use them for towing and jump starting my car. And I have used discounts at Payless Shoes and other stores.

Marguerite 01-07-2010 11:25 AM

I've had AAA since I started driving. I've used it for trips, money orders, travelers checks, discounts, maps. I also have the road service which has really been helpful over the years. I got a 100mile tow free. I really like it.

Sandra-P 01-07-2010 01:44 PM

I have had AAA for several years. Yes, I have used it and been really glad I had it. We have three adult children and each one gets their AAA renewed for their birthday gift. It has saved them time and time again. Also with two daughters it saves a lot of worry if and when they have broke down, or had a flat.

Bobbinwinder 01-08-2010 03:37 AM

We've only used our roadside plan a couple of times for actual services...but the peace of mind we have with that card in hand is well worth the cost. On a trip from Texas to Oregon, the keys got locked in the truck while enjoying some northern California small town atmosphere...that locksmith call was worth whatever they wanted but I was really glad that they accepted the plan. That little feature about covering you in any vehicle can be a great stress reliever too...not everyone will be as prepared as you and there's no polite way to ask an acquaintance about their coverage, now is there? LOL Not relevant to me, but, if I had a kid with a car I'd be getting it for them for my own peace of mind.

martha jo 01-08-2010 08:53 PM

I've had the roadside for twenty years. Have the Premier. It will pay for use four times a year and up to 200 miles. Have it for my college kid too. You can add grown children who live with you or are still students for a reduced fee. She is always locking her keys in, getting stuck in mud, etc. You do not have to be in your own car to use. Found one use a year pays for it.

barbsbus 01-08-2010 09:09 PM

We had AAA homeoweners insurance when we were flooded several years ago and between Fema and AAA we were able to put our house back into a nice environment and it was not a big deal getting the money to repair the damages and replace the appliances and replace the walls and insulation. We also had some burgulary in our shop area and were very happy with the way they helped us recover our loss. I still have AAA road service and have been very impressed when I have to call for help on the road and I do take advantage of all the maps and travel info them give out to members. I always renew our auto liciences with them, beats waiting in line at the DMV and we get the stickers as soon as we pay.

AnnaK 01-08-2010 09:29 PM

We have had AAA for many years and use the discounts wherever possible. We travel a lot by car cross country and this has come in handy not only for reduced rates for hotel reservations but also for discounts to attractions. A few years ago I was traveling alone to WA state from CA and my car battery died in OR. AAA came out and started my car and checked my battery. I felt so glad I had AAA in a strange city with no one around to help.

butterflywing 01-11-2010 02:47 PM

all of the above plus discounts on hotel/motel rooms, free barclay's checks (like traveler's checks, only a different company), money exchange (from usd to something else - you have to give them a heads up). we've also used them as travel agents. depending on the staff, they may or may not be the best at that.
we always get the trip tix. we never buy their products, like money belts or those things. they're grossly overpriced.