Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have certain cups/mugs that you like? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-certain-cups-mugs-you-like-t158967.html)

Judith1005 10-08-2011 01:29 PM

not a general prefrence...but, i go for bright mugs. they cheer me up. i'm not really a morning person anymore and it makes me happy to see something cheery. besides, if i get a favorite...someone always breaks it.

Mad Mimm 10-08-2011 01:34 PM

I have one mug plus a back up that I will use if the other mug is dirty. I am also picky that it must be a clean mug - rinsed just won't cut it! I am a total dork that way! :lol:

blondeslave 10-08-2011 02:22 PM

Oh yes. A couple of years ago my hound Xandy Bear was Grand Marshall of a Waddle(basset hound rescue fundraiser), We rode on the back of a convertible and everything. An artist associated with basset rescue did amazing art work of her riding in a 1958 Corvette, red, of course. Anyway she so captured miss Xandy Bear bearly fitting in the car(she's so vain) holding a bunch of roses, wearing a tiara and waving to her "subjects". I absolutely love the BIG mugs I had made with this artwork and smile every day when I have coffee. It's REALLY fun riding on the back of a convertible.

grammiepamie 10-08-2011 02:31 PM

My mother gave me a set of white mugs from William Sonoma and I have a set of Mikasa Ultima+ (white also) I use one or the other for coffee and for tea I have the Princess house clear crystal tea pot and cupps and saucers for tea. I won the princess house tea set for having an enormous princess house party. I've had them for a long time and guard it with my life.I love to drink chai tea from them.

bearisgray 10-08-2011 02:35 PM

a clean one

brushandthimble 10-08-2011 02:38 PM

I like a large coffee cup, close to 2 cups size. For tea, I like to, one I travel with and use at work, it is spill proof and does not leak. Other than that, almost any cup not to large for tea, or hot chocolate.

leiladylei54 10-08-2011 02:44 PM

I have several favorites and because I would NEVER be able to replace them, I won't use them. How's that???? Hubby uses one that says..."Everything tastes better with dog hair in it."

Celeste 10-08-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by blondeslave
Oh yes. A couple of years ago my hound Xandy Bear was Grand Marshall of a Waddle(basset hound rescue fundraiser), We rode on the back of a convertible and everything. An artist associated with basset rescue did amazing art work of her riding in a 1958 Corvette, red, of course. Anyway she so captured miss Xandy Bear bearly fitting in the car(she's so vain) holding a bunch of roses, wearing a tiara and waving to her "subjects". I absolutely love the BIG mugs I had made with this artwork and smile every day when I have coffee. It's REALLY fun riding on the back of a convertible.

I would love to see a picture of it!!

I don't drink coffee or tea, and have a hard time keeping a mug because my sister is such a fumble fingers they are constantly being dropped. (We only have corelle dishes.)

luvnquilt 10-08-2011 03:26 PM

Any of my fiesta ware mugs :)

gmaybee 10-08-2011 03:35 PM

My son does pottery and any of the mugs he gives me keeps the coffee hot for a long time. I usually grab those first. I do have a lot of seasonal Lang mugs I like.