Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have an ipad? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-ipad-t196079.html)

nygal 07-29-2012 05:51 AM

Do you have an ipad?

My dear friend in Arizona recently bought an ipad and she said she loves it. We talk on the phone 3 to 4 times a week. We like the idea of being able to see each other when we chat. So I am considering buying an ipad this week.

Do you have one and if so what do you love about it?

Sunnye 07-29-2012 06:01 AM

I didn't think I would enjoy mine as much as my husband does and I guess I don't. BUT, I do like it very much. I can sit on the couch and fiddle with email or play a game or read a book. Very nice.

bstock 07-29-2012 06:11 AM

My father in law has one and likes facetime to talk to this daughter who lives 7 hrs away.

Quilting Grandma 07-29-2012 11:10 AM

I love mine, especially now since our computer has had a bug for the last 2 weeks. I can stay in touch and facetime is great when talking with family in Kansas. I can do just about anything that I could do on the computer except print. I have fallen in love with the Angry Birds games and love reading books my iPad.

decky 07-29-2012 01:18 PM

I don't have an IPad but do have a Fire Kindle that I wouldn't be without.

Pat in MN

zipit 07-29-2012 02:28 PM

I have one and I really like it. While I can do facetime on my iPhone, it's much better on the larger screen. I also keep all of my pdf files on it which include my patterns, tutorials and instructions. It's great for retreats. If you want to share something, you can just email it.

kathdavis 07-29-2012 02:38 PM

Next weekend in Missouri is tax free for computers, school supplies and school clothes. I wonder if the Ipad is included. You might check in your state to see if they are having a tax free weekend. You would save about $40 in taxes.

funcupl 07-30-2012 08:29 AM

I just love mine...I didn't think I would ever like anything better than my computer, but I must admit I do. I haven't touched my computer for weeks. Love love love it!
Claudia

plainpat 08-17-2012 04:02 PM

I have the iPad2 that will be a yr old in December.Still finding new things it can do & it's way lighter,easier to use than my laptop.Just today,I read a great book,while DH talked cars.The battery lasts 12hrs.Will never buy another computer.Love my iPad.😃

Suze9395 08-17-2012 05:07 PM

I love my iPad. I have one of the original ones, so can't do FaceTime. One of the things that frustrated me when I first got it was I couldn't figure out how to post pictures to things like QB with it. But, I got a photobucket account and got the free photobucket app. Now it's easy! Someone said they couldn't print, but we have wifi here at the house and the printer is on the network and I can print fine.