Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have limits on your internet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-limits-your-internet-t93803.html)

amandasgramma 01-25-2011 07:24 PM

I was in an online class.
I believe in supporting our president.......but more than ever, I believe our president should support us. I'm praying things start getting better. Our unemployment rate was down this last month........I hope it sinks!!!!

nursie76 01-25-2011 07:30 PM

Wow! We have Verizon telephone and high speed internet. So glad to have it after year of waiting to get it here out in the boonies! Unlimited...good grief if it was limited, I would be in deep doo-doo!

damaquilts 01-26-2011 06:04 AM

I have never heard of such a thing. My brother has Verizon so I am assuming it is unlimited like his phones.
My DD had Comcast in GA. It would get really slow at times wonder if that is why. She shut everything off to save money. If we wanted just the computer it would have cost more than the TV And the computer. So they both got shut down.

sandpat 01-26-2011 06:09 AM

I have AT&T DSL unlimited. I would be in a deep pile if it wasn't. I've seen some plans that mostly list 200 MG..I have NO idea how much that would allow you to do. I would really check around if I were you.

pocoellie 01-26-2011 06:48 AM

I've never heard of such a thing. If we have limits on our 'net usage, we haven't heard about it.

kapatt 01-26-2011 06:58 AM

No we don't have limits. Ours is from our phone company and we have DSL. The internet is always going.

sgraves1959 01-26-2011 07:30 AM

I have Hughes net and mine is limited to 450 mgs a day. Sounds like alot but one download on u tube can bring it down 20%. My sil has Verizon wireless broadband and they have two plans 5 giga bytes and 10 giga bytes per month and if you go over that you are charged extra. We couldn't understand why the monthly bill varied so much and he was going over his monthly limit. His internet has a phone number attached to his internet account.

Annaquilts 01-26-2011 07:36 AM

Same here. With 16 people in the house hold plus the friends, boyfriends and fiancees that hang out here, home education and 5 college students, Netflicks. Yeahhhhh..... Is there ever a time some one is not on?

Originally Posted by Tropical
I have AT&T high speed for $24.95 a month with no limits. If there are other services available where you are it might be a good idea to check them out. Good luck.

mhansen6 01-26-2011 07:47 AM

We have cable internet. I don't believe there is any limits. My husband would be in real trouble if there was limits.

lillybeck 01-26-2011 07:50 AM

Mine is through y phone company and there are no limits. I have never heard of that. I would be changing servers as soon as possible.