Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   do you have a pair of shoes you have kept for years that (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-pair-shoes-you-have-kept-years-t162979.html)

alwayslearning 10-25-2011 01:08 PM

For years I held on to a pair of beautiful Frye boots in beautiful shape but just a little too small. They do not make that style anymore. Finally donated them to a charity sale for abused animals. Really loved those boots! Sigh.

mahen 10-25-2011 01:16 PM

Yes, I still have my navy blue heels that I wore for my wedding and lots of times afterwards. Sprained my ankle and foot and was never able to wear both shoes again, but I kept them. Over 59 years ago. Love the leather they were made from. June

Alice Woodhull 10-25-2011 03:32 PM

I still have the shoes I wore to my wedding 50 years ago last April, 3-inch heels, really pointed toes. When we celebrated our 50th, I got out my dress and shoes and had them on display. My friends ??? got me to put the shoes on and walk in them. Needless to say, that was one hilarious sight and everyone got a good laugh at my expense. 60+ pounds didn't help matters either.

liese 10-25-2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My daughter cleaned me out 18 years ago. I was glad to see my high wedges and a pair of red slingbacks go to a good home. Ankle fusion ends the very high heels.

I've had an ankle fusion too! Sure makes buying and wearing shoes tough. Now the arthritis has set into the feet and the pain is excrutiating. Wish I could find some shoes to wear that would be comfortable and that an orthodic can fit into besides sneakers.

Ramona Byrd 10-25-2011 04:38 PM

I still had my hiking boots I wore during our back packing honeymoon, still fit well and were in very good condition. But due to my bad ankle I felt I wouldn't ever pack again, (too clunky to wear every day on flat land) so gave them to a young lady who belongs to a women's hiking group. She was thrilled to get such well made boots, they really don't make them like this any more. They were expensive even in 1967.

And I still have my old cowboy riding boots, they go good wlth long denim skirts, and a pair of lace up burgundy 2 inch heels from my late MIL, who died in the mid 1970s and had had them for a long, long time. Red Cross brand, still fit and still in marvelous shape, real good for wearing with pants or slacks.

Still looking for another pair of lace up cowboy boots I wore out in 3 years, till I was embarrassed to be seen in them. But oh..were they comfortable!! Held my long ago broken ankle in and kept it from hurting better than a brace.

sassey 10-25-2011 05:41 PM

I collect collectable shoes, so sometimes I just cant part with my shoes I wear

katesnanna 10-25-2011 05:46 PM

Use to, but when you move as often as we use to, you tend to get rid of a lot.
Just had a thought, I'm only moving if we win a house on the Sunshine coast to be near DD and GK.
I'm not getting rid of anything quilt related, embroidery related or knitting related or sewing. Greedy little me, I'm keeping it all, even the scraps.Lol.

Favorite Fabrics 10-25-2011 06:07 PM

I had a pair of high-heeled sandals that I'd kept for... oh, 25 years...

DD wanted to borrow them to wear for a concert she was singing in, because they had HEELS, you know, and she's short and wanted to feel taller.

HAD is the operative word here, because while the chorus was warming up, one of the heels broke clean off. So she had to whack other so as to be even! Apparently that took a while...

marajan 10-25-2011 07:55 PM

I have a pair of black s uede pumps from .1952 I don't know why i keep them the odd thing is they are the same size that I wear now
but I cannot even get my foot in them Ha! Ha! I think they made the shoe larger 50 yrs ago.\????????

decky 10-25-2011 08:27 PM

I have a pair of red/black heels that I bought when I was in Japan with my husband. I wore those heels alot when I was working. Now I just can't seem to part with them.