Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have plans for Memorial Day Weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-plans-memorial-day-weekend-t46039.html)

quilting memaw 05-17-2010 12:17 PM

If hubby is working, grab some donuts, coffee, and start sewing! Maybe a bag of M&M's instead of donuts.....hard choice...LOL

quilting memaw 05-17-2010 12:20 PM

Quiltinghere,

Well, you can start a thread for quilting and show what you have done each day.......I'm sure there is something you can post to show off! LOL......everyone from Indiana loves to show off! ....I just need time to show what I have ....maybe tomorrow after hubby leaves I can start posting.... :lol: :-P

Favorite Fabrics 05-17-2010 12:41 PM

Like Honey, I'll be gardening... if it doesn't rain.

If it rains... I'll take DD for a full day shopping trip. Probably mostly looking with a little buying. She's grown so fast we have "wardrobe issues"... any other moms of teens will probably know instinctively just what I mean.

Marlys 05-17-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by memephyl
I too will spend the weekend honoring those who gave their lives for our Freedom. DH is Legion commander and Korean War Veteran and I am proud to have married into a family who gave so much to our country. My BIL was 20 year navy man as is his son. My other BIL is MIA from Korea and my DH gave 6years to Navy.

We will also take in some of the "Freedom" events. My DD has become a lot more interested in the last year. A year ago she won the State Am. Legion Oratorical and was one of the top 9 at Nationals. This year she won the State VFW - VOD speech contest and competed at Nationals. She has learned a lot about both organizations and has a whole new appreciation for those who sacrificed for us! Thanks to all!

FunkyMonkey 05-17-2010 01:45 PM

Hopefully we will be out camping but with us, who knows??

granniebj 05-17-2010 03:46 PM

Well....I visit the graves to put new flowers on the kids graves. Then I will prob have a cookout at my daughters. Nothing big.

Pam B 05-17-2010 04:25 PM

Oh, yes....on Sunday I will attend a graduation party while my DH, DD, DS and DDIL go to the 500. The best part will be picking our youngest DD up from the airport that evening....she will be getting home from her study abroad in China!!!!!!! Yippee! Other than that, nope, no big plans.

littlehud 05-17-2010 06:35 PM

It's my weekend to work. No plans at all.

redkimba 05-17-2010 06:39 PM

I may wander out to the local RenFaire - it's their last weekend open for this year. Then I may see if it's really ok to wander over to a co-worker's house to hang out in his pool. (he has an invite open, but I like to check before just showing up)

CAROLJ 05-17-2010 07:24 PM

Taking my parents to watch my son play baseball.