Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have short, long or fake finger nails? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-short-long-fake-finger-nails-t49704.html)

shopella 06-16-2010 08:11 PM

I am a nail Tec. I keep my hands short and natural, and my toes moderat and polished. Thow I can do them I don't like what acrilic does to ones natural nails.I do believe in Manicures But Pedicures are my favorite. People come in with sore tiard feet and I can really help make a diferance. If you have nails that are dry and brittle or soft and pealing I sudgest NailTec a clear nail strengthener that can help with one or the other problem!

QuickStitch 06-16-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Long nails, except when they break! I hate fake nails. Used to wear nail polish all the time but rarely anymore. I like to keep my toenails short.

hehe, hair color is natural too. Grey, used to be red.

Are you my twin? LOL :D :D Seriously now, isn't it fun just to be me, without all the fluff.

Quilter2B 06-16-2010 08:29 PM

My nails are natural; never had a desire to have them done; used to use polish but not so much anymore; seems that as soon as I'd do them all up so pretty, they would split, crack or break; never use a nail file, I always use a baby's clipper for my fingernails: I love it when they are about 1/3" above my fingertip. I've been keyboarding for 40 years so length usually doesn't bother me. I keep my toe nails trimmed short and do polish those - usually a dark color since my feet are short and fat and I'm in flip-flops 95% of the time. :-)

Honey 06-17-2010 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
my nails are real. and so is the acrylic on top that keeps them from breaking.

i keep them long enough to be useful as totally portable quilting tools, but short enough to keyboard.

If I didn't have acrylic nails, my nails would chip, peal and look awful. I keep them fairly short, especially in the summer. I keep them polished. The color depends on the season. I keep an old toothbrush that I use to scrub under them constantlly.

dljennings 06-18-2010 05:42 PM

i started getting my nails done when one of my best friend's (a nail tech) hand model went awol right before an important show... for years i had them as long as the tips when you put them on....25 yrs ago, they didn't have the airbrush systems in all the salons you find now... and right before a show, every nail was different.

they are not that long anymore. but i've had them done (or done them myself) for so long that i can't type, sew, cross stitch, bind a quilt, garden, cook...anything without them.....

i too will be the old lady in the nursing home with the hussy nails, and still be dying my hair to its original red to match !!

cwessel47 06-18-2010 06:03 PM

I got my very first manicure after I broke my right wrist (surgery included) this winter. I couldn't do them myself because of the cast..and therapy.. and it just didn't work. A waste of money, except for the fact that they had grown WAY too long. Imagine - months without sewing! I was losing my mind! My nails are long and natural - no polish. No hair dye either ( I like my gray stripes.) The only nail that remains shorter is the one with the thimble on it.