Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have trouble with light when you drive? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-trouble-light-when-you-drive-t65154.html)

Lisanne 09-16-2010 07:57 PM

When the sun is at a certain level in the sky, I am just blinded by it! I can't even see the street signs in front of me at a certain time of day. Even going in the opposite direction is hard, because it gets in all my rear-view mirrors.

Those sun visors in the car help, but they don't cover the spot where the inside rear-view mirror is.

And at night, the glare from headlights and even traffic lights is really getting to me.

What about you, and do you have any advice?

lovequilts 09-16-2010 07:59 PM

Go to the Eye Dr. You may have a catarac......

bearisgray 09-16-2010 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
Go to the Eye Dr. You may have a catarac......

That is sometimes a problem.

I also think older eyes don't adapt as well to changes of light.

I have the same problems.

Also, driving at night when it's raining

wolfkitty 09-16-2010 08:01 PM

Yes, time for an eye exam. Cataracts make it difficult to see at night.

Ditter43 09-16-2010 08:06 PM

Oh yes!! I don't drive at night unless I absolutely have too! I try to avoid driving into the sun. The last year I worked, I had to drive into the sun at the worst possible time each day. I loved those cloudy days!! ;-)

NancyG 09-16-2010 08:18 PM

Sounds like you might have cataracts. Better check in with your ophthalmologist.

Lisanne 09-16-2010 08:24 PM

I do have cataracts, and I know that accounts for some of the night glare. So you think that's causing the daylight problems, too?

I was hoping it was a common problem and there was something you could buy for your windshield for the glare. Or soe better kind of sunglassess...

Sadiemae 09-16-2010 08:32 PM

I don't have cataracts and I have trouble with my eyes seeing at certain times and being sensitive to the light.

Quilting Di 09-16-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I don't have cataracts and I have trouble with my eyes seeing at certain times and being sensitive to the light.

Same for me.

moonwolf23 09-16-2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
When the sun is at a certain level in the sky, I am just blinded by it! I can't even see the street signs in front of me at a certain time of day. Even going in the opposite direction is hard, because it gets in all my rear-view mirrors.

Those sun visors in the car help, but they don't cover the spot where the inside rear-view mirror is.

And at night, the glare from headlights and even traffic lights is really getting to me.

What about you, and do you have any advice?

Yes. It seems to happen to all my girl friends after they give birth. It doesn't help that I have blue eyes and my depth perception is 0 as well.