Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have a Tuesday Morning store near you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-tuesday-morning-store-near-you-t45326.html)

Alu_Rathbone 05-14-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The one here sells Fons and Porter's, Clover, Fiskars and other notions at lower then lower clearance prices. The selection changes often. For example I bought the big tin of F&P assorted glass head pins for $1.99, regular $19.99 and F&P machine topstitch needles for .59 a package. I find all sorts of new sewing gadgets there from time to time. I bought all the different size Clover yo yo makers in one package for $9.99 before I saw them advertised in the quilt magazines. My guild members think I spend a fortune on good quality quilting notions. I don't say where I buy them because they know the store is here and choose not to shop there. I don't have any sympathy when they go to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's and pay four times what I do for the same things.
Also the store's shopping totes are the best. Big roomy rectangle shape with a removable firm bottom for .99. I washed one in the washing machine and it looks like brand new. Before I buy anywhere I look at Tuesday Morning first.

We have one here, but its a half hour ride and I've never been there... I think I'll check it out!

reach for the stars 2 05-14-2010 06:06 PM

No but I have been in a few and they do have great prices on these. I have bought a few myself

Moonpi 05-15-2010 09:23 AM

You guys rock! I went to ours today and got a 6x6 fiskars mat, some templates - tumbler, hexagon, diamond, triangle, and apple core - hem gauge, disappearing marker, elastic. seam buster (same as jean-a-ma-jig) and a set with a soapstone marker, sharpener, and refills!

All that, and change back from ten dollars! I found my loot mixed in with scrapbooking supplies.

Judy_M 06-02-2010 12:59 PM

Just received a Tuesday Morning flyer in mail. Starting Tuesday June 8 they are having a sale on Fons and Porter quilting notions $.99 - $4.99

Judy

sewjoyce 06-02-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judy_M
Just received a Tuesday Morning flyer in mail. Starting Tuesday June 8 they are having a sale on Fons and Porter quilting notions $.99 - $4.99

Judy

That's great!!! Thanks for the info! :D :thumbup:

sewjoyce 06-02-2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judy_M

Judy

That's great!!! Thanks for the info! :D :thumbup:

Woodster 06-02-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The one here sells Fons and Porter's, Clover, Fiskars and other notions at lower then lower clearance prices. The selection changes often. For example I bought the big tin of F&P assorted glass head pins for $1.99, regular $19.99 and F&P machine topstitch needles for .59 a package. I find all sorts of new sewing gadgets there from time to time. I bought all the different size Clover yo yo makers in one package for $9.99 before I saw them advertised in the quilt magazines. My guild members think I spend a fortune on good quality quilting notions. I don't say where I buy them because they know the store is here and choose not to shop there. I don't have any sympathy when they go to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's and pay four times what I do for the same things.
Also the store's shopping totes are the best. Big roomy rectangle shape with a removable firm bottom for .99. I washed one in the washing machine and it looks like brand new. Before I buy anywhere I look at Tuesday Morning first.

THANKS!! for the info - we have one, but never go in. I will now!

Slow2Sew 06-08-2010 06:57 AM

6/8/10
Just went by Tuesday Morning to check out the Fons & Porter sale items. Supplies very were limited, but they had a Singer Althea sewing machine for $199, a 12 pack of FQs for $6.99, a rolling fabric sewing chest, smaller padded sewing caddies and a few basic supplies. Items may vary by store.