Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you keep ALL of your magazines? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-keep-all-your-magazines-t145889.html)

mamaw 08-17-2011 03:20 PM

Unfortunately yes; but this has to change!! I have a basket full of Country Sampler, a huge pile of quilting magazines, a basket of flower gardening magazines on the porch, and a magazine rack full of Birds & Blooms. Taste of Home and Country Women are inside the door of my end table....just rediculous. I hate getting rid of them because they cost good money; but I have officially labeled myself a magazine hoarder and it must end.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-17-2011 03:37 PM

I had close to 20 years of Quilter's Newsletter mag and one day decided they had to go. Reason- I never looked at them anymore!
Mine eventually all go- I can't stand the pile-up :)

jaciqltznok 08-17-2011 03:40 PM

I have, but they are ALL fixing to GO!

Vanuatu Jill 08-17-2011 03:48 PM

All those of you who have a mag stash and plan to get rid of them, there are many quilters here on the board that can't afford them (or justify the expense) that would LOVE to receive them (for cost of postage)! Hope you all give them a chance to pick them up-I think you can stuff at least 5 (or 4 of the fatter ones) in one flat rate envelope. A single mag cost me $2.48 yesterday in a plain manila 9 x 12 envelope - it was a fatter one-an American Patchwork and quilting.

NCquilter 08-17-2011 03:51 PM

I keep my quilting magazines. My Taste of Home magazine and BHG, I tear out the recipes and other intereting thing that I want to try, and then throw the rest of the magazine in the recycle bin.

amma 08-17-2011 03:58 PM

I kept some, traded some and gave some away :D:D:D

hobbykat1955 08-17-2011 04:17 PM

Unfortunately keep them...and are they everywhere...bins, drawers etc...

patchsamkim 08-17-2011 04:48 PM

I used to...but have slowly started going through them, tearing out the pages of quilts I LOVE, then pass the magazines around my quilting group and sometimes more is torn out, then take the rest to the quilt guild where someone always takes them...at least they aren't just thrown away. Everyone has different tastes, so passing it amongst friends is a fun way to share.

Samelia's Mum 08-17-2011 04:53 PM

I keep them - can't seem part with them.

running1 08-17-2011 04:54 PM

I don't... I pull out the patterns I'm certain I want to try some day.. (of course, I'll have to live to be 300+ to finish all of them at this rate... :lol: )... but I place the patterns in a plastic sleeve and the sleeves go into 3-ring binders by category: Christmas, baby, holiday (like Thanksgiving, etc.), scrappy....

My only complaint with the magazine publishers is that sometimes the last page of one pattern is on the back of the first page of another wonderful quilt pattern... sigh... I end up putting both in one sleeve...

Who has another (easy) solution???