Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you keep ALL of your magazines?

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    For those of you who subscribe to quilting magazines - do you keep all of the magazines that you subscribe to? Or do you read them and discard? Or do you tear out some pages to keep and discard the rest of the magazine?

I have them all. I hate tearing up magazines. Do I use them very much??? No, I read them, ooohh and aaahh over the fabrics and quilts and stuff and then stack them up.

Blog Entries
    I pass on the ones that I have read but nothing I wanted to make in is. It's about time to thin out again:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter
    For those of you who subscribe to quilting magazines - do you keep all of the magazines that you subscribe to? Or do you read them and discard? Or do you tear out some pages to keep and discard the rest of the magazine?
    I keep every issue! I have subscribed to several for between 6-10 years - currently subscribe to 7! It is my one weakness. When I started quilting I was living overseas and was on my own (quilting-wise), so magazines were how I learned. Over the years, I have thumbed thru them over and over and always found patterns that previously I didn't think I could do-plus my tastes changed over the years and quilts I previously loved, I am not so much interested in now, and visa-versa. I get ideas about colors-quilting motifs-most have tuts that I have tagged-I would say I am a quilt magazine horder!!

At the guild I belong to, many of us bring in our magazines place them on a table and who ever wants them, takes them.

give away the ones I do not like any of the patterns and teat out from the ones i want to keep a pattern

Bebe

Blog Entries
    I put all the patterns and templates in a sheet protectors and in a 3 ring binder. Those I know I won't use I sell for a small fee (includes protector and lg env cost) and shipping charge on various sites.

I usually pass them on to others after I have read them. Too many to keep!

I save the pages I need then donate the rest to the library

I let all my subscriptions expire, so I'm glad that I kept all my magazines. I go back every so often and look through them, seeing ideas and projects in a new way. I have the very first American Patchwork and Quilting. It might have been smaller, but it was just as good.

Unfortunately yes; but this has to change!! I have a basket full of Country Sampler, a huge pile of quilting magazines, a basket of flower gardening magazines on the porch, and a magazine rack full of Birds & Blooms. Taste of Home and Country Women are inside the door of my end table....just rediculous. I hate getting rid of them because they cost good money; but I have officially labeled myself a magazine hoarder and it must end.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I had close to 20 years of Quilter's Newsletter mag and one day decided they had to go. Reason- I never looked at them anymore!
    Mine eventually all go- I can't stand the pile-up :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have, but they are ALL fixing to GO!

Blog Entries
    All those of you who have a mag stash and plan to get rid of them, there are many quilters here on the board that can't afford them (or justify the expense) that would LOVE to receive them (for cost of postage)! Hope you all give them a chance to pick them up-I think you can stuff at least 5 (or 4 of the fatter ones) in one flat rate envelope. A single mag cost me $2.48 yesterday in a plain manila 9 x 12 envelope - it was a fatter one-an American Patchwork and quilting.

I keep my quilting magazines. My Taste of Home magazine and BHG, I tear out the recipes and other intereting thing that I want to try, and then throw the rest of the magazine in the recycle bin.

Blog Entries
    I kept some, traded some and gave some away :D:D:D

Unfortunately keep them...and are they everywhere...bins, drawers etc...

I used to...but have slowly started going through them, tearing out the pages of quilts I LOVE, then pass the magazines around my quilting group and sometimes more is torn out, then take the rest to the quilt guild where someone always takes them...at least they aren't just thrown away. Everyone has different tastes, so passing it amongst friends is a fun way to share.

I keep them - can't seem part with them.

Blog Entries
    I don't... I pull out the patterns I'm certain I want to try some day.. (of course, I'll have to live to be 300+ to finish all of them at this rate... :lol: )... but I place the patterns in a plastic sleeve and the sleeves go into 3-ring binders by category: Christmas, baby, holiday (like Thanksgiving, etc.), scrappy....

My only complaint with the magazine publishers is that sometimes the last page of one pattern is on the back of the first page of another wonderful quilt pattern... sigh... I end up putting both in one sleeve...

Who has another (easy) solution???

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I keep them all. I have them separated by magazine and in date order.. Ill 'flag' the ones I would like to do with Post-it colored flags..

Blog Entries
    I keep them all. I have hoarding tendencies. :)

Blog Entries
    I have kept all my quilt mags and sew news and the quilt ones from down under, and most all of my quilt bookis, gets harder to move every time we move on to a new place!

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    I read and possibly copy what I want, and take the rest to our quilt guild

I do the same thing and have each subscription in a 4" wide white binder with large lettering for easy reconition of each subscription..I also have a binder for miscellanious quilt magazines..I would never get rid of any of rhem....I often sit and look at them and get inspiration from them for my next quilt.......
    Quote Originally Posted by jmabby
    I put all the patterns and templates in a sheet protectors and in a 3 ring binder. Those I know I won't use I sell for a small fee (includes protector and lg env cost) and shipping charge on various sites.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast