Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Reply To Posts, No Matter How Long The Thread Is ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-reply-posts-no-matter-how-long-thread-t142785.html)

Murphy 08-05-2011 07:07 AM

I just post what I feel and don't look at other posts until I have shared my thoughts with the originator.

amma 08-05-2011 07:33 AM

If it is a picture, I will post a comment no matter how many pages of comments there are :D:D:D

Other topics? It all depends on the topic LOL

Some authors are looking for many different ideas, some for help. Keep in mind, the way each of the replies are worded vary, mine may not be very helpful/easily understood but yours may be :D

Some topics the author may be wanting many opinions and will go with the most popular one. Kind of like taking a poll :D:D:D

AbbyQuilts 08-05-2011 07:44 AM

I try and read most threads all the way through IF I am completely interested. If I notice that I am skimming more then reading then I stop. I a lot of the longer threads everyone does end up saying the same thing.
On a thread like this where you are asking and open question and wanting an opinion from everyone I would probably respond up to (maybe a few after) the 10th page.

On pictures threads I try and find people whos pictures do not have a lot of comments or are on the 1st page of comments and leave something. I know how great I feel when someone looks at my quilts and says something nice
I LOVE it!!!!!!

As an author of a thread I love it when my threads go above 10 pages. I have a couple and I have read every single post on those threads! It does make me feel good because it means I asked or said something of value and interest

Crabby Patty 08-05-2011 08:14 AM

Sorry, I'm guilty of not posting if there are already a multitude of posts. I don't figure that I can add anything that hasn't already been said. I am not a person that cares for repetition. I don't even like to make the same quilt twice. It doesn't mean that I don't agree or disagree with what I read. It's just me. Sorry.

DebsShelties 08-05-2011 08:20 AM

I don't think it really matters how many pages of replies there are to a topic. I reply to what I feel like replying to.

LyndaOH 08-05-2011 08:22 AM

I usually leave well enough alone...but not this time!

debbieumphress 08-05-2011 08:55 AM

GOsh. I think I post on most when I read it, if I have something to say about it, not just to post. I love when people post . If it's short, I'll go read it first and post, then read the longer ones. I do ,however, read the whole thing before posting so I don't give the same idea of mention the same things. Just depends on the posts. People like to hear what others think, that's why we make topics.
And some of us jabber so much we aren't concerned about the status. I love to read the QB day and. Thanks everyone.

PaperPrincess 08-05-2011 09:13 AM

If it's a picture, and I think it's a fabulous quilt, I'll post no matter how many pages there are. Can't give too much positive feedback!
Same with folks asking for an opinion. I figure they are tallying up the results.
If someone asks a question, I'll read all posts to see if my response will actually add value. If what I was going to say has already been said, I don't post.

GagaSmith 08-05-2011 09:20 AM

I post if someone else hasn't already said what I was going to say. I usually post to compliment someone on a project they've made. I don't post to subjects that have been repeated over and over on the board.

Looks like PaperPrincess and I were posting at the same time.

kso 08-05-2011 09:22 AM

NO. If I can't say anything different, I don't usually respond.