Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   do you sleep all night or not and (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-sleep-all-night-not-t162079.html)

grann of 6 10-21-2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
do you take a nap. I know this is a problem for women but is it just menopausal women or women of all ages?

I wake up a couple times during the night; yes it goes back to menopause (30 years ago). And yes, I usually lay down after lunch, mostly to rest my arthritic spine, but sometimes doze off for a half hour.

AlwaysQuilting 10-21-2011 03:56 AM

I am almost 61 and have had sleep problems for approx 10 or 15 yrs. I have recently begun a health 'kick' and started drinking some a.c.v. (apple cider vinegar with the mother in the bottle) and raw honey twice daily.
Call me crazy but I have been sleeping better and my hot flashes have ceased!

QuiltnNan 10-21-2011 04:06 AM

I just heard on some news story that women don't really need more than 6.5 hours sleep to function well. I manage about 6-7.

grann of 6 10-21-2011 04:14 AM

I would sleep a whole lot better if my Great Dane didn't take her half out of the middle of the bed. She likes to sleep crosswise instead of lengthwise, so that has a definite bearing on how well I sleep. I know, I know. Well, YOU COME AND GET HER OFF THE BED!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

AlwaysQuilting 10-21-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I would sleep a whole lot better if my Great Dane didn't take her half out of the middle of the bed. She likes to sleep crosswise instead of lengthwise, so that has a definite bearing on how well I sleep. I know, I know. Well, YOU COME AND GET HER OFF THE BED!!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

:D :D

Judith1005 10-21-2011 04:41 AM

I have insomia so bad since i went into menapause 8 years ago. and i was only 38. once i finally get to sleep, i sleep well. it's just getting there. :roll:

and my mom sleeps terrible. she probably falls asleep about 7pm. but, then shes awake by 1 or 2 am. (or less)

no naps. bad news. messes up what sleep we do get.

Judith1005 10-21-2011 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

lol, well the furbaby has to get comfy too.

:lol:

SouthPStitches 10-21-2011 04:52 AM

Used to be an Olympic sleeper....so miss my "former life". First came perimenopause, then family loss, over the top job stress, then menopause. Between husband's snoring, my hotflashes, body aches and frequent potty calls seems like I'm doing everything but sleeping. Seems like all of this gets worse around a full moon and also during the two time changes. Retiring the end of March and hope this alone will turn my life around a little.

Mad Mimm 10-21-2011 04:53 AM

I am up once a night with my 7-month old and often have trouble falling back asleep. I use a Melatonin supplement to help me, but if my little one wakes after 3 or 4 am, I am often up for the duration. And no, unless I happen to fall asleep on a piece of furniture for 10-20 minutes, I do not get to nap. That is a pity, I LOVE naps!

GingerK 10-21-2011 04:57 AM

I usually wake up every 2 hours. And I can usually tell what time it is without looking at the clock--it happens that regularly. I have a bad hip and I wake up when I try to change positions. If, for some reason I DON'T wake up to move, the morning is sheer He-double hockey sticks.