Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Use Netflix? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-use-netflix-t36113.html)

marsye 02-05-2010 06:03 PM

We just recenty signed up for Netflix for 9.00 per month because there is never anything on TV to watch except for reruns. I was wondering about watching them intsantly on your computer if it uses up your Ram (memory) or harms your computer?

nursie76 02-05-2010 06:12 PM

We have had Netflix for years and use the instant movies all the time. If you have high speed internet, you should be ok. If you have a security program, you won't be at any more risk than when you surf the net. We also go to all the major networks ABC, CBS, NBC and watch archived shows and there is also Hulu. Enjoy.

BKinCO 02-05-2010 06:13 PM

We've had Netflix for a long time now and never once had a problem. My son watches the instant movies all the time and he too has never had a problem. Enjoy it!

marsye 02-05-2010 06:18 PM

Thanks! Think I'll go watch a movie. :-)

nursie76 02-05-2010 06:20 PM

Do you suppose there are any involving quilts or quilters? :lol:
Enjoy!

Crafty1 02-05-2010 06:21 PM

I use Netflix and love it! I have the 3 at a time plan and I did watch a movie once on the computer. Can't remember if it took long to download tho. I don't watch on the computer as the Desktop is in the laundry room and don't feel like being in there for 2 hours and the laptop doesn't have speakers. Plus I can relax in the living room, up the volume and sew till the movie is over... :-)

littlehud 02-05-2010 06:31 PM

I'm tempted to try netflix. Tell us if you like it.

katier825 02-05-2010 06:58 PM

I've been using Netflix for several years. It's very convenient. I don't really care for the picture quality in the streaming video. I prefer to get the discs. I've only had a few bad discs over the years. No big deal, you mark it as a bad disc on the website, and send it back. They will send a substitute of the same disc if you want. Delivery is quick. If I mail one back on Monday, I've usually got the next one on Wednesday, unless it's shipped from a different location than the closest one.

Lisanne 02-05-2010 10:21 PM

No, I don't watch enough movies to make Netflix worth my while. Besides, I can get them for free from my library, though I have to wait for the newer, more popular ones. I'm #68 in line for Slumdog Millionaire.

I do watch both movies and TV shows online (for free), but it's much nicer to watch them on my TV. Also, for some reason the DVD player built into my TV works without overheating, while every computer DVD drive I've had has overheated after so many hours of play.

wvdek 02-06-2010 12:29 AM

Yep, the 3 at a time plan. We live in the country in the boonies and get no local channels. Tv and the movies is pretty much our only form of entertainment.