Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does your DH help you with your quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-your-dh-help-you-your-quilts-t139206.html)

Kuusistoquilter 07-21-2011 07:46 AM

My DH helps me with layouts. He has a better eye for patterns than I do. He mostly "allows" me to shop for fabric and patterns. Last time he was in AK. he bought to wall hanging patterns from me.

Candace 07-21-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Some DHs shop for fabric, sew blocks and share the sewing room. I'd give up quilting if my DH was that helpful. LOL. We have other interest we share and help each other when asked but I want him away from my quilting activities. He feels the same way about me not being involved in his guns.

Same here! I'd go nuts if he was involved with my hobbies! And he does his marathons and plays soccer without my involvement.

loves_2_quilt 07-21-2011 08:10 AM

He helps me lay the blocks out and choose fabrics.

ShowMama 07-21-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
He looks over my shoulder and grunts!!!

Mine too! Usually he'll also ask, "Who's that one for?" as he knows most of my quilts get given away.

He will help me, if I ask, with block layouts. I'll lay them out on the floor in the living room (between him and the TV) and he'll point out which ones need to be switched around.

Kehoeta 07-21-2011 09:07 AM

My DH helps by staying out of my way... Although he has been pretty good about helping me sandwich. I have to move all the dining room furniture out in order to use that nice big floor.

Jim's Gem 07-21-2011 09:21 AM

Mine will make suggestions, if I ask for them. He tells me how beautiful they are and holds them for me to take pictures. He has even surprised me and taken me to quilt shops when I did not expect it. But no sewing or cutting for him! Oh, and he helps me do all my sandwiching!!!! Sometimes, when I have had shoulder issues, he will do all the sandwiching!!!

emerald46 07-21-2011 09:23 AM

My DH pays my cc bills and always brags about my projects. He swears he is going to learn how to use a LA and quilt for me when he retires. sighhhhh

leatheflea 07-21-2011 09:26 AM

Heavens no! He helps me build tables and anything manly. However I do believe if he really wanted to he could make a beautiful quilt, but dont tell him I said so because I dont like sharing my toys...LOL

JanetM 07-21-2011 11:31 AM

Mine wouldn't ever attempt to cut my fabric, but he is very good at helping me to choose fabrics, and layouts. He even takes my to the LQS's to buy more fabric.

He also goes with me to Road2CA, and other sewing events. We get a hotel room, and make these little trips mini vacations. He has no trouble finding something to do while I am busy. He's a keeper :thumbup:

mmdquilts 07-21-2011 11:34 AM

DH cuts and ties for me and runs to the sewing machine to fix it when I start swearing!