Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does your DH help you with your quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-your-dh-help-you-your-quilts-t139206.html)

wraez 07-22-2011 01:24 PM

My hubby lets me buy fabric or whatever I want. He is totally supportive of my addiction. It would be really nice if he'd like to start quilting too, even just tiny steps like cutting fabric.

Your hubby is a sweetie!

cr12cats 07-22-2011 01:50 PM

i haven't asked him but sure he would if he could our agreement though is he doesn't work for me and i won't work for him.we both were raised as only children and that just doesn't work. i want it one way and he does everything backwards to me so i can't watch until the end results are in. however from the diabetes my eyes are bleeding (i forgot what it is called ). he will help to get the colors right and take me anywhere i want to shop.and never complains about what i buy or spend, and even carries or lifts whatever i get.ummm---guess he is a sweetie, huh?

grannypat7925 07-22-2011 01:56 PM

Mine will hold them up for pics but that is the limit of his help with the quilts. He is a gracious admirer tho'.

RobertaMarie 07-22-2011 03:03 PM

My DH does everything but sew! He takes care of all the shopping, most of the cooking and chores, runs all the errands and praises my work. Sets up my tables, moves my machines, helps me cut if asked to, and measures for me. Holds up quits for pictures, takes me shopping for fabric, etc. and pays for all of it. I am so blessed it is unbelievable. I sure love this guy. (for over 59 years) ;)

rushdoggie 07-22-2011 03:15 PM

Only if I ask him to help me with something when I need extra hands, and to admire my efforts (even when they are unworthy of actual admiration...yeah, he's sweet like that. :)

MadQuilter 07-22-2011 03:17 PM

Pat is my color coordinator when I'm stuck. He has no preconceived notions about what "should" go together. It's refreshing! He has a comfy chair in my room and spends quite a bit of time visiting.

lukeje 07-22-2011 03:32 PM

Mine will help me cutout my fabric and then gets in floor and helps me sandwich....Keeper..LOL

keesha_ont 07-22-2011 03:51 PM

My DH loves to tell me HOW to quilt - he's never sewn or made a quilt. He does help me put quilts on the frame and of course he buys me my machines. I'm sure he's knowledgeable enough now to make a quilt of his own.

Janet My 07-22-2011 04:52 PM

My DH finds all my mistakes and makes me fix them. LOL He's a carpenter so... when things don't fit together correctly he sees it right away. I still love him though and If I need him to do something for me he just does it.

Heck, he even wants to go to Lancaster, PA so I can visit the quilt shops there.

I'm going to the Hershey Quilt show next weekend with a friend, and he's all bummed out that he can't go. He just had shoulder surgery last week so that kind of trip will not be good for him this time. He can't even lay down in bed yet.

mythreesuns 07-22-2011 05:39 PM

My DH, helps me with any part of quilting...except sewing. He even helps me pin the layers..and looks for fabrics on sale and tells me when they are, looks in the reduced bins etc. He is 100% keeper..