Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Doesn't McD's have enough money, yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/doesnt-mcds-have-enough-money-yet-t45448.html)

Ditter43 05-10-2010 08:31 AM

I usually ask for my drink without ice because otherwise you only get a few good swallows.....Guess that wouldn't work there....BOOOOOO!!!

Ditter

QBeth 05-10-2010 08:35 AM

I'm definitely going to change my habits! I shouldn't drink as much soda as I do, anyways. Thanks for the feedback.

Rachel 05-10-2010 08:37 AM

I was told once (no idea if its true) that fountain drinks are the ONLY way McDonald's makes money. Everything else on the menu was basically at cost. Granted this was several years ago, so it could all be different now.

amma 05-10-2010 08:38 AM

I have noticed that too at McD's... also that there fish sandwich has shrunk in size and raised in price :roll:

JJs 05-10-2010 08:48 AM

EVERYTHING = you get less, pay the same or more..
look at canned goods, snack bags, etc etc - they've lowered the content... especially noticable at walmart....
lets not even talk about the 'no choices' at wm anymore...

We've been going in the regular grocery stores and tada - CHOICES ... so apparently walmart doesn't want our business..

janRN 05-10-2010 08:57 AM

Maybe they're lowering the level of the drinks so if someone spills it in their lap they won't sue because it was too full (like the lady that sued because she spilled coffee that was too hot). Pardon the sarcasm LOL.

QBeth 05-10-2010 09:01 AM

To risk slobbering is my choice. I don't need to bo artificially protected by being scammrd!

varacefan 05-10-2010 09:23 AM

It's not just McD - we went to another fast food place to get milkshakes and they filled the cups about 3/4 full. We asked to have them filled and were told they couldn't so we got our money back and went elsewhere.

stitchinwitch 05-10-2010 10:13 AM

I go to McD's MAYBE 3 times a year. It was too frustrating that they ALWAYS messed up the order, gave us luke warm - even COLD hamburgers. Whenever we run into a business that treats us badly, we complain, and if it continues, just stop going! They will get the message if enough people do that.

luv-e 05-10-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Mickey D's soda always tastes funny, the mix isn't right.

I agree. I've said this for years.. Takes alittle more time but I stop @ the Gas Station[Speedway ,they have both.] buy a pop and get a cup of ice. I feel like I'm getting my moneys worth.
OH!! what about the meat coming from S.Amer.????? There is no regulations on the meat there or coming into our country??
Didn't eat there much BUT now I won't at all. Another thing to hurt our cattleman and prices :cry: There was an e-mail going around about it.