Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   dogs...which one did it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dogs-one-did-t34533.html)

Oklahoma Suzie 01-19-2010 04:01 PM

I'm glad my dog is outside, and my sewing room door is always closed. Sorry this happened.

beachlady 01-19-2010 04:03 PM

This post is making me so happy that my dog does not like quilting!!!

amma 01-19-2010 04:04 PM

Oh No!!! I can imagine your frustation and worry over your dog's "passing the fabric" I hope it comes out ok!!!

MNQuilter 01-19-2010 04:09 PM

My dog hasn't gone after my fabric yet, but got into some foam ear plugs we had in our bedroom. She ate about 16 ear plugs. Luckily I caught her and called the vet right away so they could tell me what to do. She's only a 12lb Bichon so that many would be dangerous. We've also found "evidence" that she ate the kids' crayons. Dumb dogs! Gotta love em!

cabbagepatchkid 01-19-2010 04:11 PM

If I was a betting woman I would put my money on the golden retriever :mrgreen: :roll:

One of my goldens has been eating everything from socks to underwear since he was 5 mo old (he's the one in my avatar and he just turned 4 yrs old). We are all super careful about keeping these objects out of his reach but with small kids in the house there are bound to be mistakes made. So far, so good....he either poops them out or throws them up.

Can't wait to hear how things "came out" :roll:

Shemjo 01-19-2010 04:24 PM

Sew sorry to hear about your loss! I do not like having to remake blocks. I have 2 dogs who watch me quilt, kind of. The big one gets under by my feet when I am at the machine, or lays in the pathway to the ironing board so I have to step over him. The little one sits in my chair with her head on the arm with big buggy eyes watching my every move. I live alone and have my sewing machine set up in my living room so I can watch TV and be in the most comfortable room!

MistyMarie 01-19-2010 05:10 PM

My kitties love socks. They occasionally like to help me with quilting, but after our new kitten decided my fabric pile was a new litter box, I have banned them from my sewing room and my fabric room. They are SO not allowed to even come visit me right now when I am sewing.

I actually have never heard of a dog eating fabric. Yikes.

Jim's Gem 01-19-2010 05:13 PM

I'm sorry that your blocks got eaten!! I try to keep my dogs out of my sewing area (yea, right) I have three Labradors. Last year one of them ate my wool "Blue Star" Wall hanging I had made to hang in the window while my daughter was deployed to Iraq. I'm not sure which one did it but I have an idea....

barnbum 01-19-2010 06:29 PM

Oh gosh--if it was a horse who did that, I'd have to call the vet. Our dog is so very good compared to these stories. Her treats are in an open container on a bottom shelf 100% in her reach and she doesn't touch them. Funny--the only bag she ever got into was her Christmas gift--a bag of rolled rawhides. She knew it was hers. :wink: She's always been easy. Whew!

patty48 01-19-2010 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
If I was a betting woman I would put my money on the golden retriever :mrgreen: :roll:

:roll:

I'm putting my $ on the Husky. Look at the face, "what me". Our black lab/mix ate my daughter's favorite sock many years ago. We didn't know until we took her for a walk-- OMG.