Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   dogs...which one did it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dogs-one-did-t34533.html)

SuzyM 01-19-2010 07:06 PM

Well as a mother to a German Shepherd (aka German Shedder) I can understand. Every once in a while Miss Annie is a bit bent out of shape and I come home to find something chewed up. Usually it is my bedding. I have learned not to put any linens on my bed that mean something to me or were expensive.

Mousie 01-19-2010 07:19 PM

tigger: OH NO!!!! How awful Guess that makes it even better that I have a pet gate that I can keep closed to my sew cave.

this is so weird. I was thinking of this very thing this morning...about pets getting a piece of one of my projects. I have a dog in the house for the very first time and she is always looking for something interesting to play with.

butterflywing: a friend of mine had a doberman that ... mmmmm ... passed a bra on a morning walk. she just kept walking as though she never saw it.:roll:

ouch! ouch!

Kyiav10 01-19-2010 07:24 PM

It is so hard to try to figure out. I would bet the golden too b/c she is spitefull like that. But the Husky/Shepard mutt has had fabric that my hubby had to ....hhhhggghhmm...help out in the yard shall we say.

I gave them some PB in the kong ball earlier and will go out with them in the am and will give them some more PB then too. I just pray that they are both ok.

But hopefully I will know who the little (big) stinker is in the am.

Kyia

joeyoz 01-19-2010 08:07 PM

But they both look so innocent. LOL Sorry. I know it isn't funny, but look at them. The are so cute. :roll: :roll: :roll: Who me???

Deb G 01-19-2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by sunkistmi
Oh I feel so bad for you. They both look guilty to me, hehe. If you really need to know, you'll just have to keep checking their...... On a more serious note, watch them for any signs of blockage. If they (he/she) starts vomiting, get to a vet quickly. Fabric can cause some real problems internally. How much did you think this quilt was going to cost????? Best of luck.
Wendy

I had a cat that ate some ribbon. It ended up being some very expensive ribbon. It got stuck in her intestine and fortunately it passed but not until $$ later.

2 Doods 01-19-2010 09:18 PM

I feel for you! Watch for signs of a blockage-lack of appetite, lethargic, etc. Our 1/2 golden was horrible about eating things that she should not have.....DD's thong undies was a favorite-not the cheap ones-the favorites were the ones from Victoria Secret -(these passed or she threw them up), OB tampons out of a suitcase-that was a trip to the vet and they made her throw them up, string off an area rug (that was x-rays, surgery, over night at the vet) because it caused a blockage. Love her to pieces!! Good thing because she has been expensive $$$. Riley has been better now that she has "grown up". Good luck!

QBeth 01-20-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
a friend of mine had a doberman that ... mmmmm ... passed a bra on a morning walk. she just kept walking as though she never saw it.

I pity people who have never been owned by a pet! Look at what "comedy" they're missing! As for who did the deed, you might try looking for thread between their teeth! :) :) :)

Katrine 01-20-2010 07:54 AM

Sorry to hear that! but the avatar picture expressions are priceless "she's telling porkies about us, you know!"
I have to watch one of mine (the standing one on the left).
He just loves to pinch fabric. I even have to keep the rubbish bin off the floor cos he will go into it. And if he gets some batting to make a nest in, he's in heaven!

vjengels 01-20-2010 07:58 AM

Ha Ha Butterflywing!... My sister had a Cocker Spaniel that I thought was in serious need of a vet one day, she had something red protruding from her nether region.... it was a red balloon! thank Goodness for the rubber gloves, that thing snapped out like a rubber band! I wonder if it was a balloon animal when it went in? She ate my mothers dentures too, naughty dog.

quiltsRfun 01-20-2010 09:51 AM

It's a good thing we love our dogs. I now have another issue with one of mine. I was using the needle threader on my sewing machine last night when the needle unexpectedly lowered. My little sweetheart walked across the foot pedal. The result- the little hook that goes through the needle is now out of alignment and doesn't work. No big deal, I should be able to thread a needle. Last night I discovered just how bad my eyesight is now that I'm getting older.