Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever do something so dumb you question your own basic intelligence? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-do-something-so-dumb-you-question-your-own-basic-intelligence-t252586.html)

Emma S 08-28-2014 05:07 AM

Could you blame it on the earthquake?

trolleystation 08-28-2014 05:27 AM

Do I know how that feels??? I invented that !!!!

w1613s 08-28-2014 06:24 AM

Thank y'all for the stories. Seriously, I have been thinking about talking to my doctor about a really thorough mental once over.

P

Diannia 08-28-2014 06:31 AM

Ummm several years ago me and 2 older lady friends of mine went to a movie. We parked in a parking garage, got out, locked the car and went to see the movie. Came back to the car AFTER watching an entire movie to find we'd left the LOCKED car running the whole time. We had to call a tow-truck to come open the car for us...and live down the stupidity! Our only excuse was we were busy talking and the parking garage was loud enough you couldn't hear the engine...sigh...

Billi 08-28-2014 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6862479)
I don't generally think of myself as being dumb (in fact I tend to think I'm rather clever) but sometimes I have to wonder how I've survived so long.

I'm at work, with my afternoon cup of mint tea (like I have every single weekday) and I noticed a spot near the bottom of my mug. So what do I do? I tip the cup away from me so I can see it better. My very fresh, very full cup of very hot tea. You see where this is going, don't you? Too bad I didn't...I poured tea all over my desk - my mouse and part of my keyboard are now very minty fresh, and unfortunately so is a pretty expensive programming book that doesn't belong to me. :shock:

What the heck, brain?!?! Seriously??

Oh well...at least I didn't have any honey or sugar in the tea so it's not all sticky!

It's probably not nice of me to laugh but I am your story mirrors so many of my daily moves it's kind of sad...how I have lived this long without serious intervention from professionals is beyond me.

Snooze2978 08-28-2014 06:43 AM

Been there, done that. Remember spilling a very large mug of ice cold tea in my lap while driving. Have you ever tried driving practically standing up? Not fun but there was no where to stop to change clothes or dry the seat. Still laugh at myself for that one.

clevermom3kids 08-28-2014 06:51 AM

Aftershocks. Blame it on the earthquake!

Sewnoma 08-28-2014 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 6863399)
It's probably not nice of me to laugh but I am your story mirrors so many of my daily moves it's kind of sad...how I have lived this long without serious intervention from professionals is beyond me.

Oh no, please do laugh. I posted it specifically for that purpose! I laugh at myself all the time, why should I have all the fun? I have SO many of these stories! I'm loving everybody else's stories too.

I like the idea of blaming it on the earthquakes, though!

sparkys_mom 08-28-2014 08:05 AM

My latest - Getting ready to run errands so emptying trash, loading up the car with a bag for Goodwill as well as my shopping bags for the grocery store and my Kindle so I could stop at Panera's for lunch and have something to read. It was a lot to carry in one trip so I evidently threw the Kindle into the Goodwill bag.

I realized what I had done within 15 minutes but no one at Goodwill could "possibly" locate it. I was probably the first one at Goodwill that day but all I got was a song and dance about how it would take "forever" to search all the bins. It was a Kindle Fire so I contacted Amazon and got it locked immediately so it won't do them any good.

charity-crafter 08-28-2014 08:14 AM

My great thought one day-the power was out so I decided to go downstairs to my sewing room to sew, not on a treadle that works without electricity. I sat down, took the lid off and couldn't figure out why it wasn't turning on...duh the power was out. And my dh was standing there looking at me like I was crazy.