Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   ever done something really dumb? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-done-something-really-dumb-t170683.html)

Kim Bohannon 12-02-2011 12:52 PM

ever done something really dumb?

Today I was trying to fix a bycice for my kids, well, the whrench slipped off the bolt and I banged my finger really hard on the handlebars, finger swelled up, got a blood blister, thought I had broke my finger for a little while as the pain just kept getting worse. Man! that was really dumb! I mean, what do I know about fixing a bike? nothing!!! lol

So, I thought it would be fun to share some of your dumb ouch experiences!

Kitsie 12-02-2011 01:27 PM

Daily I do something like this!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-02-2011 02:31 PM

Mistakes keeps us humble and reminds us we are humans and humans err. Mothers always lend a hand when needed to children and spouse. To them, we are super women!!! Its "MOM" can do it!!! Go, Mom, and it OK to make mistakes; it is the love that counts.

Jingle 12-02-2011 02:53 PM

No way could I remember all the dumb things I do/have done.

Sandra in Minnesota 12-02-2011 03:00 PM

I guess it's that you tried that counts. Some people may live their whole life, never fixing a bicycle for their kids. Look at it as a victory!

3incollege 12-02-2011 03:02 PM

I always to dumb stuff!

grandma nurse 12-02-2011 03:50 PM

The other day , instead of getting up and getting a screwdriver, I used my best seam ripper to pry out a battery in my remote. It didn't work and now my sem ripper is 'pointless'

Wanabee Quiltin 12-02-2011 04:16 PM

I am reminded of the time it was pouring rain outside and I just would not wait. So I grabbed my umbrella and ran for the car. I decided it was best to get into the car first and then put the umbrella down. Here I was crowded tight into my little car with a full size umbrella. I hit the button to make it retract and somehow that umbrella hit me full force right on my jaw! I can still remember seeing stars for about 30 minutes. I did not dare drive away, I was dizzy with pain. I will not even begin to tell you what happened the time I tried to use my boys skateboard !

MistyMarie 12-02-2011 04:22 PM

Oh, I sympathize. I cannot think of anything "dumb" off the top of my head, but I am sure if I sat here and thought about it for a few, many instances would come to mind. I have had my share of "dumb" moments. Oh... here's one. My embroidery hoop broke last night, so I was super-gluing it while watching TV. I got so involved in watching the building of the Titanic on the History Channel that I glued my finger to my hoop. When I pulled my finger off the hoop (along with some skin), the hoop broke again. My husband had a "well duh" look on his face. I did get it glued without any skin loss the second time.

neece 12-02-2011 04:32 PM

This is a true story. A friend was using Super Glue to replace the inside rear view mirror. It says on the package NOT to use it to reglue the inside rear view mirror. Of course he glues the mirror to his finger. Calls me I don't have anything to unglue so I send him to a friend and eventually gets it off. By this time everyone knows about this mirror and he was teased unmercifully. Moves out west and does the exact same thing and calls me and tells me he has done it again. I am not the brightest but I would never send the word out.