Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever feel like you wanna eat a WHOLE cake.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-feel-like-you-wanna-eat-whole-cake-t147918.html)

mommafank 08-26-2011 07:23 AM

Have a recipe for a chocolate cake that I found in Southern Living years ago---it is to die for. Anyway, when I think about it-----yes would love to eat the whole thing, but it is so rich a little slice is all one can manage.

mommafank 08-26-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I never should have read this. I was hungry when I started. I just ate a nectarine and it isn't quite the same as chocolate cake or ice cream or brownies or homemade bread or steak or or or or.......

Agree----I sure love your name----esp since I am Mary and people used to say that to me all the time.

reginalovesfabric 08-26-2011 08:42 AM

I have a mouth full of sweet teeth and I love to bake

svenskaflicka1 08-26-2011 08:49 AM

from our beloved internet:

Microwave Chocolate Cake for One
You can use any microwave safe mug for this. I prefer a larger mug (coffee-house style) because it is easier to mix the ingredients.
4 tbsp cake flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch salt
1 large egg
3 tbsp strong coffee
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Sift together flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt into a large coffee mug (or small bowl). Stir in egg, coffee, vegetable oil and vanilla, mixing until smooth. If you are mixing inside a coffee mug, be sure to scrape the corners well.
Microwave on high for about 3 minutes. Cake will puff up like a souffle and should appear to be “set” after 3 minutes. Cake will fall once removed from the microwave.
Serve in the mug, or turned out into a bowl, with a bit of ice cream or whipped cream.

Serves 1-2

it's not perfect, but it's darned close. add a few chocolate chips for a little added evil.

grammysharon 08-26-2011 09:42 AM

I am on Weight Watchers and know I can have a small piece but don't want to stop @ a small piece so I stay away!!!

Originally Posted by javin22
I would like some cake now. YUM!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

joyce j 08-26-2011 09:51 AM

I like Ice Cream an sit an eat whole thing .An I would eat all the cake too.

mariebaker 08-26-2011 09:58 AM

yes, I have...and I have ;-)

bearisgray 08-26-2011 10:01 AM

Now I'm wanting cake, too!

orangeroom 08-26-2011 10:11 AM

I've never wanted to eat a whole cake, but healthy portions of sweet things, for sure! Love making brownies and John Hoosier cake from scratch! Here's a wonderful recipe that I got from a friend at work years ago for smooth (non-overpoweringly sugery) delicious frosting;
1. 2 1/2 T flour
2. 1/2 c milk
3. 1/2 c sugar
4. 1/4 c margerine
5. 1/4 c crisco
6. 1 t vanilla
Gradually add #2 to #1 on LOW heat with whisk
Cool mixture in fridge completely
Beat 1-6 til firm
Enjoy!

Ellen 08-26-2011 11:01 AM

I have this thing for Crystal hamburgers (good thing there are none around here) and once in '81 when I lived in Jacksonville, I got 12 of them....planned on freezing 6 of them. All 12 of them never got past my mouth. I just couldn't stop myself and called my friend crying. The poophead just laughed at me.