Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever feel like you wanna eat a WHOLE cake.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-feel-like-you-wanna-eat-whole-cake-t147918.html)

Glassquilt 08-26-2011 05:19 PM

Yes, I have. :)

luvTooQuilt 08-26-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
I haven't arrived at my size by being picky--or baking little cakes.

ahahahahaaaaaaa.. Right there with ya sister!!!!!!

Old hen 08-26-2011 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I love cake!!! And will make any excuse to have cake...

One time my DH and I were staying with grandchildren while their parents went on a cruise. Their mommie (our daughter) told us to be prepared for what little Jacob would pray for during his bedtime prayers. We bowed our heads, went through the regular prayers, each of the children then added their own special "requests". Jacob said, "Dear God, I pray for cake. Amen." A child always cuts to the chase!

Glenda m 08-26-2011 07:21 PM

Did someone say New York Cheese cake? Well..If they didn't, they should! LOL

kacklebird 08-26-2011 08:54 PM

I LOVE sweets and crunchy junk! Yum

oldbalt99 08-26-2011 09:01 PM

Boy do I ever! Theres is a dinner across from the hospital I visit once a month for doctors appointments. I don't know who makes their cakes but I love them, so much that once a month I skip regular lunch and get a slice of yellow cake with chocolate icing.

May in Jersey 08-27-2011 01:15 PM

To make a long story short I thought by freezing cake after DH and I had a serving or two of it I wouldn't be tempted into finishing it off all by myself. Imagine my surprise when I found out that cake never really freezes hard like ice, so I've eaten really cold cake so many times that I never bother freezing it any more.

annyroony2 08-27-2011 01:20 PM

Mmmmm, carrot cake would be good right now, or pound cake, or chocolate cake, or ........................ ......

Winkee 08-28-2011 01:41 PM

I would love a piece right now, a really big piece!!

Nanjun 08-28-2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Ive got the munchies and nothing is working but all that comes to mind is cake- I dont have any of course- but if I did, I wanna eat the whole thing..

We have this lil dinky diner in our dinky town and the owners daughter makes the absolute best cakes ever.. Better than any bakery Ive had in my life... they sell it by the slice or yo can order one and believe me shes well worth the price tag for a cake. Now the sad part is they have our number on speed dial and hubby on face book to let us know when they have cake.. :shock:

She left a msg the other day on our machine that they had three pieces left-and when hubby heard the msg he sent me out to go get them!!
"it's the last three slices!!! ", he said.. he just had to have them .. Sad I know.. :shock: Boy i wish i had a slice.. :|

Oh boy you have made me hungry for cake. So I went to the freezer and found a huge coconut cake my son bought at Sam's, So I just had to have a slice. Sorta hard to cut being frozen but oh so good.