Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Every mothers nightmare...and grandma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/every-mothers-nightmare-grandma-t132152.html)

MoMoSews 06-21-2011 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My son finally had his dream come true and got a used Harley. Bad part is my grandson is very impressed!!!
:-( :-( :-(

Son
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214902[/ATTACH]

Grandson wanna be
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214903[/ATTACH]

Up North 06-21-2011 12:28 PM

Cute but glad my 5 boys never got into motor cycles!

yolanda 06-21-2011 12:29 PM

I have two sons 27 & 29 and both now have bikes - one a crotch rocket type and the other a cruiser ... I feel your pain.

At least your son is riding a harley but sheese tell him I said his arms must get very tired up so high on that thing

pollyjvan9 06-21-2011 12:34 PM

My husband had a 1350 cc Kawasaki with all the bells and whistles for the late 1980's. My favorite trip we ever took was to Colorado in July. Loved the snow on the 4th. We only went down 1 time. A nut ran a red light and my husband laid it down to keep us from being hit by the car. We were not hurt, but I was really, really angry! My husband was ultra conservative and "never" trusted anyone elses judgment except his own. Turn signals? Have your ever noticed how many people don't use them, or they have them on but don't turn. This is very dangerous for motorcycle riders. Safe riding to your son and try not to worry too much!

Grammashel 06-21-2011 12:37 PM

My husband, three sons, a grandson, SIL all have or have had bikes. I know they're responsible but what about the others on the road? No problems but you never stop worrying. One has the high bars but changed this year. All Harleys.

neeng 06-21-2011 01:07 PM

My son was crazy about bikes when he was little. For his 5th birthday, we bought him a little 50cc dirtbike. Of course, with him it was full throttle or not at all, so it didn't take long before he had laid it down a couple of times....not fast enough to get hurt, but enough to take the gleam out of his eyes a little. He's ridden trail bikes since then but nothing on the road.

They can be so much fun and much more free than a car, but you can't trust the people around you and there is virtually no protection. Too bad.

blueangel 06-21-2011 01:09 PM

I just have bad carma about motorcycles. I have seen too many bad things happen.

JCquilts 06-21-2011 01:11 PM

Well, they are both little hotties, hope they are carefull and remain safe. My son just got rid of his, so I am happy about that.

leatheflea 06-21-2011 01:36 PM

Whoa! What a bike and what a guy. And yours sons pretty goodlooking too.

jean1941 06-21-2011 01:54 PM

My son had one and car hit him and leg was never the same afterward. So all can do is pray for their safety and I try so very hard to watch out for motors on road but sometimes I get so mad at motor riders because they will pass you when it is not safe and it is hard to always see them I say pray for one everytime I see them one the road.