Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Exciting Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/exciting-ride-t20155.html)

leona07 05-15-2009 08:27 AM

Just had to share my kinda scary experience. I work in downtown Seattle in a skyscraper. It is a 36 story building. I work on the 19th floor. I was on the elevator and was at the 13th floor when all of a sudden a loud, buzzing alarm sounded in the elevator. Then, woosh!!!! The elevator began to plummet its way down 13 floors!!! It was going twice the normal speed!! Thankfully I safely landed at the lobby and the doors opened. I was obviously the only one on the elevators at the time this happened, because when I stepped out of the elevator, all the other elevators were open and not running and there was a crowd of about 40 people standing there staring at me as I walked out of the elevator.

What a way to start the day!!!

sharon b 05-15-2009 08:34 AM

Keep walking straight ahead, out of the building, go home and call it an early weekend ! That would be too much for me :shock:
Sharon

Kara 05-15-2009 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Keep walking straight ahead, out of the building, go home and call it an early weekend ! That would be too much for me :shock:
Sharon

Ditto!

Go straight to the LQS and buy yourself something special for surviving that!!

Ninnie 05-15-2009 08:39 AM

Wow! You didn't have to go to an amusement park! Glad you made the trip down alright. I would have p my paints! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie

Skeat 05-15-2009 08:40 AM

That would be scary! I agree w/the others...only stop at your LQS for the sales you must be here to buy for! Celebrate! Celebrate the sale and the fact you must be sooooooooo skinny that darn elevator did not even know you were there:)Good reasons for more fabric! Skeat

beachlady 05-15-2009 08:50 AM

I would have had to go home and change my panties!!! Scary.

leona07 05-15-2009 09:34 AM

I sure wish I was skinny enough that the elevate didn't notice me, but that however is not the reality :)

It didn't really scare me until after it happened. My only thoughts were, I hope this is a soft landing, and that the elevator doors open when it does stop. I sure didn't want to be stuck in the elevator!!

I sure wish I could have used that as an excuse to go home, but I am a paralegal who works in employment law. Today is pension check day for our clients on a state disability pension. I handle those clients, and their checks. It is the only money they receive every month, and I would never want to delay getting them their money. So rain or shine, deathly ill, plummeting elevator, etc. I am here on pension check day every month. However, it probably does warrant an excuse for a stop by Joann's on the way home this evening :lol: And when my boyfriend makes fun of me for stopping at the fabric store AGAIN!! I can say, but I had a scary experience and needed something to make me feel better :lol: He of course will say Yeah Right, and then laugh.

Tippy 05-15-2009 09:53 AM

Any excuse is a good excuse!!
tell him you had to get fabric to make new underwear as the old ones were ruined.... :lol: :oops:

leona07 05-15-2009 09:55 AM

:lol:

Shemjo 05-15-2009 10:17 AM

OMG! I don't think I would be able to keep my legs under me! It is a good thing you are young! Definitely time to treat yourself! :lol: