Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Facebook users, I have a question........... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/facebook-users-i-have-question-t202357.html)

chatonne40 10-06-2012 04:33 AM

If this would be true, I would drop Facebook. I play games mostly on Facebook and there are many other sites where I can play for free and as for updates from my family and friends, I would do as before Facebook, take the phone or visit them :D But there again, there are other free ways to get updates from the internet and they will NEVER charge for this because they know people will just move to another free service. Google, Yahoo, MSN +++

But I have to admit that any news coming from FOX Channel I am not taking seriously :P I will have to hear it from another more credible source before believing it

Amythyst02 10-06-2012 05:06 AM

I don't use facebook, but hubby does, but if they start charging .. then I can bet he will quit.

lillybeck 10-06-2012 05:12 AM

If they charge me a fee for anything on this site I will delete them as fast as my fingers can work. I only go on it because my kids are on and it seems a sentence or two from them is better than nothing. Apparently the younger generation has no time to use a phone they are soooo busy. I wish I could be that busy. lol

damaquilts 10-06-2012 05:57 AM

I would drop them ... There is always email.

joyce j 10-06-2012 05:59 AM

I was on facebook, but quit when they started to change every thing. could not find any of my family or friends, So now I dont care what they do.

Iraxy 10-06-2012 06:41 AM

This is Fox News (Faux News) at their best passing on misdirection and misinformation. Will we ever learn to take everything they say with a grain of salt?

Chasing Hawk 10-06-2012 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Iraxy (Post 5565818)
This is Fox News (Faux News) at their best passing on misdirection and misinformation. Will we ever learn to take everything they say with a grain of salt?

I was asking a simple question and a few of you decided to make snide comments about the news site. I have learned to take "everything" I hear on ANY news program, website....etc....with a grain of salt.

As a NON Facebook user I was curious about this article. As I said before I am not a user of these social networking sites. So for me to better understand things I ask questions, how are we to learn if we don't?

TanyaL 10-06-2012 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Iraxy (Post 5565818)

All news mediums have their slants, but personally I do prefer Fox News.

sylviasmom 10-06-2012 10:58 AM

Nope, no fee for us. The fee is for advertisers and those went up.

irenecarter 10-06-2012 12:10 PM

I'd drop them like a hot potato. I to ohave a phone and if it's important enough they will call me.