Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   favorite author? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/favorite-author-t153112.html)

ontheriver 09-15-2011 09:11 AM

I have too many, love to read. Some are James Patterson, Steven King, Janet Evanovitch, and Jeffery Deavers.

jeanne307 09-15-2011 09:28 AM

Wow lots of different authors here... I have a whole list of faves and I am the oddball here because I love Paranormal Romance. But have gotten away from them for the moment and am reading the Elm Creek Quilt Series by Jennifer Chiaverini. I am about to finish The New Years Quilt and then will start Winding Ways Quilt. But some of my fave authors are as follows:
Stephen King
Dean Koontz
John Saul
Anne Rice
Laurell K Hamilton
Gena Showalter
JR Ward
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Deborah Cooke
Keri Arthur
James Patterson
Patricia Cornwell
And I will stop there lol... sorry I dont have just one fave... but many and even though Jennifer Chiaverini is my fave this week that can change with the next book I pick up lol.

Radiana 09-15-2011 09:40 AM

I love me a good Larry McMurtry story, even though a few of the passages can be pretty violent. I'm not a reader for the most part but his stories I just can't put down. I remember one night finishing a book in the Berry Bender series and as late as it was, I jumped in the shower got dressed and drove down to Walmart to get the next book in the series.

My other favorite is Charles Dickens.

carmen garcia 09-15-2011 09:50 AM

Love Nora Roberts, especially the J.D. Robbs ones. Also like Janet Evanovich and Jude Deveraux

nyelphaba 09-15-2011 09:53 AM

I like John Irving, and now I am into Anthony Bourdain.

alikat110 09-15-2011 09:56 AM

Dean Koontz....love a good scare!!!

nycquilter 09-15-2011 10:08 AM

Fantasy about dragons and people with special powers are my favorite subjects. Anne McCaffrey is an all-time favorite of mine. I also love Laurell K. Hamilton's books, both the faery series and the Anita Blake series. However, I will read almost anything at all, including new cookbooks (I have quite a cookbook collection), mystery, current fiction. I loved Octavia Butler's books and grieved when I learned she had died prematurely so won't be writing more (at least in this lifetime). I am reading The Lost Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini and am enjoying it though can't say it is great literature. But it is enjoyable.

texpat45 09-15-2011 10:23 AM

I read a LOT, mainly science fiction, historical fiction, British mysteries. A few favorite authors…
C. J. Cherryh
Dorothy Dunnett
Peter Robinson
Neal Stephenson
Christopher Fowler
Karen Traviss
Lynn Flewelling
Louise Penny
Sharon K. Penman
Kathleen Koen
Harlen Coben
I just finished a series that I suppose is considered paranormal romance – Jocelyn Drake’s Dark Days. Six books in the series were three too many…got repetitive. I may give a couple other authors in the genre a try.

mamaw 09-15-2011 10:56 AM

More than one here...Nicholas Sparks, Jodi Picoult, Jennifer Chiaverinni, Danielle Steel, Barbara Delinsky

blondeslave 09-15-2011 11:03 AM

Okay, I also LOVE Anne Rice's Vampire and Mayfair Witches series. As a kid since there wasn't really a horror genre for kids I was hooked on Sci-fi. Bradbury, Asimov, Heinlein, Madelaine L'Engle. Oh, and adored the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books.