Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Favorite Quotes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/favorite-quotes-t150618.html)

whereaminow 09-05-2011 11:05 AM

What is your favorite short quote? I have a few that I really like. I even have them posted on my computer desk so that I see them frequently. (Please indicate the author if it is known.)

"Certain people touch our lives in such a special way that anytime they're in our thoughts it seems a special day." (author unknown)

"Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as we should." (author unknown)

"Don't do what you would undo if caught." (Leah Arendt)

...and from my daughter (she insisted I include it!)

"Don't take a laxative and a sleeping pill on the same night!" (author unknown)

ptquilts 09-05-2011 11:33 AM

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine. (Sir Arthur Eddington ).

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. (Emerson)

angiecub 09-05-2011 11:43 AM

"Never trust a skinny cook."

Cattyqwltr 09-05-2011 12:14 PM

I have a lot of them and what strikes me depends on the day, but here is one of my all time favorites:

Not every one who wanders is lost. JRR Tolkien

LeeAnn 09-05-2011 04:26 PM

You're not going to be happy until you put someone's eye out!
When I was growing up this was a favorite among parents, we still joke about it. Yeah, like poking someone's eye out would make us happy. lol.

knlsmith 09-05-2011 04:29 PM

If no one is bleeding or dying, it isn't as bad as it seems.

Its only thread and fabric relax and step away for awhile.

Ellen 09-05-2011 04:43 PM

Some days it's just not worth chewing thru the restraints.

If this world were logical, men would be riding sidesaddle.

raedar63 09-05-2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn
When I was growing up this was a favorite among parents, we still joke about it. Yeah, like poking someone's eye out would make us happy. lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is so funny, my family said this too and I must have to my kids because my oldest son jokes all the time about it.

hopetoquilt 09-05-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63

Originally Posted by LeeAnn

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is so funny, my family said this too and I must have to my kids because my oldest son jokes all the time about it.

I always heard it as, "It's all fun and games 'til somebody loses an eye." :)

Gramie bj 09-05-2011 05:00 PM

If everybody else jumped off the clif would you?