Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Favorite Thing? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/favorite-thing-t76277.html)

Pam B 11-14-2010 06:14 AM

My cellphone. I have internet capability on it so I can check on this board and other places during my state required duty-free lunch at school. We are not allowed to use our classroom computers for such frivolity. In fact, most sites are blocked to us, anyway. I have a whole whopping 30 minutes to eat lunch, visit the ladies room and relax. And, after a morning of 22 kdg kids tugging at my clothes and coughing in my face from 7:30-11:50...I think I deserve a few minutes of relaxation! Mind you...I am not complaining about my job...I just wonder about the admin/powers that be that are so worried that we will surf the 'net during class time. I don't have a spare moment!!!!!!

Jan in VA 11-14-2010 06:17 AM

Not in the global sense, but personally, I cherish my freedom -- freedom to sleep when I want to, eat when I want to, go out, stay home, clean, or not!, sew, read, nap, play with the barn cats, wash the dishes when I'm ready, empty the dryer when I feel like it, to never "have" to make the bed, to just sit and watch the sunset even though dinner is waiting, to plan any project I feel like and carry it to completion without disrupting someone else's schedule.

I cherish my single status and the freedom it gives me to be complete in and of myself, and rarely lonely. :)

Jan in VA

grammiepamie 11-14-2010 06:34 AM

My husband,and Chewie my pom. Everything else I own I consider perks.

Riversong 11-14-2010 06:38 AM

GOD!!! Cause He is the one who sees to all my provisions.So much to be thankful for!

quilter on the eastern edge 11-14-2010 07:07 AM

Books - they are a huge part of my life.

CoriAmD 11-14-2010 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
My car, most definitely. I don't care if I have to go anywhere, just make sure I have a vehicle for use. LOL Don't like that stuck feeling! :lol:

ditto that

cjomomma 11-14-2010 07:10 AM

I'm raising my hand to nearly everything you all listed. God, family, vehicles, love, iPod, home and I have to add quiet time for me.

RkayD 11-14-2010 07:16 AM

Everything listed...and my camera. If I can't get to sewing I grab my camera and go outside. There are so many things that we pass by each day and not even notice. I get some of the most amazing pictures just right outside my door. =)

grammiepamie 11-14-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
Everything listed...and my camera. If I can't get to sewing I grab my camera and go outside. There are so many things that we pass by each day and not even notice. I get some of the most amazing pictures just right outside my door. =)

I will just bet you are a fantastic photographer and have some outstanding pictures. Would love to see some of them. People who love to take pictures see many things the average person doesn't. :thumbup:

Stitchnripper 11-14-2010 08:01 AM

As far as devices, has to be iPhone and car.