Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Favorite Wrapping Paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/favorite-wrapping-paper-t267842.html)

lfstamper 07-21-2015 01:07 PM

Favorite Wrapping Paper

I want to use wrapping paper for drawer liners so I need some heavier paper. Any one have a favorite place for buying?

Latrinka 07-21-2015 02:17 PM

I seldom have to buy any, because I'm a gift wrap/bag hoarder! LOL! I have a whole little cedar chest FULL of nothing but gift wrapping boxes, paper, bags, bows, ribbons, and on and on! Anyway, I usually get mine at the dollar store if it's a special occasion I'm looking for. For Christmas, I buy after Christmas, and get it dirt cheap! Think I have enough for about 3 or 4 lifetimes! Have you thought about using contact paper? I like it cuz it sticks and can be wiped.

coopah 07-21-2015 02:42 PM

Hallmark wrapping paper is generally thicker than the paper from the dollar stores. IMHO

cannyquilter 07-22-2015 12:08 AM

Costco does very thick, strong wrapping paper.

NJ Quilter 07-22-2015 03:18 AM

I bought a LARGE roll of wrapping paper years (maybe 10) ago at Sam's Club. I'm still using it; it's nice and heavy; has the lines on the back for cutting like Hallmark paper; was dirt cheap. Now when I say larger, I'm not talking enormous. It was certainly a larger circumference than most wrapping rolls but I didn't need a truck to move it. Who knew it was that nice!

dd 07-22-2015 03:43 AM

From what I've seen, the Hallmark paper is much better. It doesn't tear on the corners like $store and Walmart paper does.

jothesewer2 07-22-2015 04:18 AM

For drawers I like wallpaper. It is heavy too and doesn't slip around in the drawer. The rolls are large and can be picked up pretty cheap.

Geri B 07-22-2015 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by jothesewer2 (Post 7264328)
For drawers I like wallpaper. It is heavy too and doesn't slip around in the drawer. The rolls are large and can be picked up pretty cheap.

Never thought of wallpaper...our goodwill always had rolls dirt cheap.......but I like the scented drawer liner paper...the store sometimes has it, and I will buy and store til ready to freshen drawers...usually in spring....

dd 07-23-2015 04:15 AM

How often are you supposed to replace shelf paper?

kay carlson 07-23-2015 09:14 AM

I have used rolls of wall paper to line drawers. My bathroom drawers are lined with a textured vinyl found on clearance. It holds up so nicely, that I haven't had to replace it often. :)

For some reason -- duh -- I select wrapping paper with quilting designs for my bedroom dresser.

My sewing cabinet drawers are lined with non-slip toolbox liner purchased by the roll. The material is washable and notions stay put when opening or closing the drawer. I like to lay out my tools for quick visibility. Yes, I do have the Craftsman shallow drawer tool box on top of matching tool chest with casters! This might be non-traditional, but the storage space will easily be moved should I relocate.