Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/february-2012-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t177543.html)

Pam 304 02-20-2012 09:35 PM

Taboo Tuesday: This week let's try no fried foods. Spray is OK to use. Just nothing fried or deep fried. I made it without the nuts, but was hard!

Pam S

irishrose 02-21-2012 08:20 AM

Yippee, I can make some pumpkin muffins today. I couldn't bring myself to make them without walnuts. I made it, but that one took some doing. Nothing fried is a no brainer as long as I remember not to 'steal' one of my daughter's French fries tonight. I can use spray for my eggs for a week. Thank you, Pam.

Pam H, bananas are such a good snack. They have a bad name in some programs because they aren't super low in calories, but they are so packed with potassium for our muscles - and the heart muscle - that they are great choice. Thank you for reminding me. On the list they go.

meanmom, the healthiest thing in your list was giving up sodas. Your body will thank you for years to come. Hard to do, but worthwhile. From one Coke addict to another.

mim, the scale heading downward after a plateau is a gratifyiing feeling. Now it will continue.

Jean, 11 pounds this month. :thumbup:

I wish you all a day of enough - enough food, enough exercise, enough rest, enough energy to do what you want to do, enough contentment with your situation. I wish the same for me. Judy

mim 02-21-2012 10:27 AM

I did a real no-no last night -- DH gave me pretzels :thumbdown: -- too much salt!!! This morning my toes were puffy. I think I gained back my hard won loss -- sigh!!!. I will do better tonite:)

irishrose 02-21-2012 10:38 AM

mim, make some lemon water with cucumber, ginger and mint. The lemon will flush the extra water and the others will jumpstart another weight loss.

I am bummed because I have a varicose vein acting up. I know what to do, but I hate the feel of any pantyhose under pants, especially jeans. I have seen support thigh high stockings but I would think the compression on the thigh to hold them up would make matters worse. I guess I need to go talk to the people at the health appliance store.

Turkey loaf for breakfast. Maybe dinner from Ruby Tuesday's salad bar.

Maggiemay 02-21-2012 10:48 AM

It is so encouraging to read about everyone's losses! Keep it up girls!

Everose, I have read all of J Evonovich's books too. I went & saw One for the Money when we were in Vegas & my husband was working. There was a 16 screen theater right in the place we stayed! I thought the movie was pretty true to the book & how I had imagined everything. I enjoyed it & am glad I saw it by myself as my husband probably wouldn't have liked it much.

I think I can do the taboo this week ok. The only fried foods I make is sauerkraut balls once a year (YUM!) & we are going camping this weekend & won't have any fried foods there.

createfourpaws 02-21-2012 11:02 AM

Received another skinny quarter today from Quilter day by day. this is a good looking stash of your choice FQ's.

For those wanting to think about sending in for March, the theme is Pastels for spring.

I am at a stand still with the weight this week. My ribs are hurting this week big time. Not sure what I did, feels like the cartilage is shifting. I feel a catch every time I take a deep breath. So I took the day off work today to relax and ice it down.

Jean congrats on your weight loss.

Mim - remember each day is a new start. Flush your system and it should help.

Ladies......every ounce we loss is one step closer to our goal. Keep choosing wisely, keep moving and don't give up on you goal.

Remember to make small goals with the big goal in mind. I have found that if I look at the big goal I don't do as well where as when I set smaller goals, I seem to acheive them. Keep them realistic and enjoy life.

Everose 02-21-2012 11:48 AM

Afternoon Ladies!!! I'm in a down mood because the scale went up this morning. Don't know if it is water weight again or what, because I still haven't had junk or cokes. I even decided that I would do some exercises this morning. Tonight DH and I will be treating ourselves to a cheesecake in the shape of a heart. He was out of town for Valentines Day, so we will celebrate tonight. First treat since Feb. 1. His sister sent him a box of candy for his birthday, (Whoppers, peanut butter cups, etc.) and guess where they are sitting. Hope he takes them with him tomorrow when he goes out of town.

Maggiemay, did you like Ranger's actor and Joe's? I was a little disappointed with them. Can't wait to see if the next movie has the same actors - sure hope so because now I have them in my mind. Grandma is going to be a hoot to say the least. DH has read almost all of her books also, so it was fun for us to go together. He is on the road a lot and listens to them on tape.

Jlw, 11# - good for you. GO GIRL GO. RIght behind you, but I want this to be a surprise for our daughter's bacc show.

Meg called last night, she was so excited. She is an art major and will graduate in 2 months. Has been asked to be on the board for the ND Visual Arts group. So I will get some more of this weight off, get a new outfit, a manicure and surprise her with the fact that Mom can clean up pretty good.

Irishrose, I love reading your messages, because I always feel lifted up.

Darn - just opened the washer and dryer and one of Mom's tissues went in again. That's my life today.

Have a great day - you all deserve it.

jlwheart 02-21-2012 12:38 PM

Hi all, got lots of support for my progress from dr. today. I haven't embroidered in a long time so its back to my reference books for a refresher then I'm making templates and written instructions. Remembering stuff is getting harder so I'm changing up how I do stuff.
Thanks for all the words of support you don't know how much it means to be encouraged. I'm so grateful we have the QB.
Today it's pasta lentil salad for supper. Staying away from fried foods is easy. I tend towards baking or cooking spray stir fried items. I'm planning on making salmon burgers tomorrow - they're one of my favorites. My goal is to eat fish 2x/wk. Trying new recipes, veggies and spices is helping me stay focused on healthy eating.
Have a great day everyone. Wonderful day in Duluth cause it snowed last night.

Everose 02-21-2012 02:54 PM

Jlw, how are you making your salmon burgers? I have 2 cans in the pantry and burgers sound wonderful.

I'm looking for new things to cook also, because things are getting harder for Mom to chew all the time. Or she decides that she doesn't like to eat it. Oh.....

meanmom 02-21-2012 03:11 PM

I would like to know how to make salmon burgers too. I have canned salmon in the pantry. Never eaten it and am not sure what to do with it.