Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/february-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t212511.html)

createfourpaws 02-03-2013 12:51 PM

I heard from Airwick today. She is safe, and keeping her head up. She was able to take her sewing machine, pair of scissors and a seam ripper with her. No fabric, so her winning had her crying.

I will be sending her some supplies that I have around here that are extras, along with some of my fabric from my scrap bin. I am trying to figure out how I can send her a ruler, cutting mat and rotary cutter. I just need to find a box big enough for them.

Please keep her in your prayers, her husband has cut her off from everything, she has only what she took when she left.

Pete 02-03-2013 04:21 PM

I'm in for the loss! Think I gained all I lost on a 5 day quilt retreat! My Bad!

createfourpaws 02-03-2013 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 5836102)
I'm in for the loss! Think I gained all I lost on a 5 day quilt retreat! My Bad!

Welcome back, time to get back up and start over. Every day is a new day.

JuneBillie 02-03-2013 07:33 PM

I am glad to be with all of you doing this. It is hard for me too with so many meds. Last year I had lost 70 pounds, but after my mother died, I didn't watch calories again. Just gained it all back since then. I am ready now to start again. With lupus, sjogren's, fibromyalgis,etc. I need to keep trying.

petthefabric 02-03-2013 09:08 PM

Hi. I'd like to join in. My goal is 5#/mo. I can see I'll never win the prize, but I'll be happy with success.

createfourpaws 02-04-2013 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric (Post 5836675)
Hi. I'd like to join in. My goal is 5#/mo. I can see I'll never win the prize, but I'll be happy with success.

Welcome aboard. Good luck in your loss. I sent you a PM on where to send the FQ aka "skinny quarter"

Vanogay 02-04-2013 07:50 AM

Cindy, how about having something shipped directly to Airwick. Let me know in PM and I"ll kick in some money to help with the costs.

QuiltingKrazy 02-04-2013 08:56 AM

Whoo Hoo! a whopping half pound lost since Friday! Well it is a start! lol

createfourpaws 02-04-2013 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5837555)
Cindy, how about having something shipped directly to Airwick. Let me know in PM and I"ll kick in some money to help with the costs.

I will look around and see what I can find for us to send her and see where I can get it from at the best price.

squires1042 02-04-2013 02:30 PM

I like many didn't lose last month, but I have been cutting out the stuff I shouldn't be eating, virtually no soda, and I didn't gain any weight so that is a plus. I would love to do weight watchers but the nearest one to me is 130 miles away, so weekly visits are not in the cards. I still plan on talking to them and seeing if I can do something monthly though. I am in for this month as well. Will try to be more proactive in posting this month.

Do I need to pm you again. or is the one from earlier good enough.