Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Feeding furbabies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/feeding-furbabies-t124707.html)

lass 05-22-2011 10:03 AM

only dry food as it is better for their teeth.

lynnie 05-22-2011 10:39 AM

my baby girl ZOey is very feminine, for breakfast she get a sparkling clean bowl of Chicken soup for the kittens soul with some friskies Indoor Delights and some baby temptations on top she will only eat breakfast at the kitchen table, she has a seat at the far side.. dinner is in the bedroom, chicken soup for kittys soul on her placemat.
now willl someone please tell me, why does she cover up her food when she's done eating????

gramabear 05-22-2011 12:57 PM

Our rescue schnauzer gets dry solid gold hund en flocker. We were told 1/2 cup am 1/2 pm plus good snacks.
They are suseptable to pancranitis(sp)?.So low fat for him.

Kappy 05-22-2011 01:22 PM

Ours gets dry food, refreshed on demand! Usually if he does not eat it the dog does then the cat comes around meowing for more. So it's pretty much whenever he wants it!

quiltpd 05-22-2011 01:55 PM

Maia is a "grazer" so her dry food is always down. Once or twice a week she gets a can of Fancy Feast(won't eat any other). Then she gets whatever she catches outside.

iowabelle 05-22-2011 04:07 PM

My boy cat has a tendency toward urinary problems so both of them eat prescription food for that issue. They seem to like it and beg for an extra cup in the mornings, although there's always some in their bowls (we have a big bowl and a tapas bowl so there's not much shoving in the morning). I wouldn't feed her the prescription food but there doesn't seem to be a good way to make them eat different food...

madamekelly 05-22-2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
I leave dry food down all the time, which makes him a little overweight. I give him a teaspoon of wet food in the evening, as a treat. I also give him hairball treats in the morning, just because I'll find used hairballs unexpectedly and often.

(I don't want to know what they were "used' for, and please don't tell me where they buy 'new' ones) lol! Blech!

Va Quilter 05-22-2011 06:40 PM

I have 2 4yr old cats that get dry food majority of the time, as they're inside cats.
Then I just took in 2 outside kittens who had upper respiratory infections,bad pink eyes..so we've kept them seperated from the older cats..especially till I can get them tested for feline leukemia...and they get fed twice a day, and get Science Hills A/D can (wet) food.
Hope this helps.
Cindy

nancia 05-22-2011 06:59 PM

my two cats aged 1 1/2 and 16, get a constant supply of dry iams and share up to 3 cans of friskies fillets. neither has a weeight problem, and both are wonderfully healthy

biscuitqueen 05-22-2011 08:03 PM

All of my cats and dogs are born and raised on sience diet. They only get feed once a day. the cat gets 1/4 cup indoor dry cat food. 6 yr old lab gets 2 cups dry large breed. 17 yr old gets 1/2 12 oz. can of wet--she has few teeth, but I do give her 1/2 cup dry sensitive stomache. My cat has never passed a hair ball. I think thier diet has everything to do with they're age. none of them have been to a vet but to get shots and spayed. The 17 yr old dosen't look a day over 9, she is really slow tho.