Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia Awareness Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fibromyalgia-awareness-day-t122421.html)

Airwick156 05-11-2011 07:00 PM

I will wear purple too... And I think I will wear my pretty silk purple and lace nighty to bed too as an extra measure.

I also was diagnosed with fibro back in 2002. I take Lyrica and it seems to help MOST days. The weather seems to bother me when its changing.

sassey 05-11-2011 07:21 PM

My fibro has been acting up also due to the weather and being to active. I will be wearing purple for sure

Rose L 05-11-2011 07:30 PM

Barely raising arm to wave, I have it too. I don't have anything purple to wear but I sure pass on the info to anyone I can get to listen. I can't use SSRI's so all the new meds are out for me. I use mind control to get past most of the pain but still need various other meds so I can have some sort of a life.

GreatStarter 05-11-2011 07:46 PM

I am not able to go out tomorrow but I will still wear purple.
I was diagnosed on 911, the 911 when the planes hit, when the US was attacked. That helped put it in perspective.
Unfortunately I had it for 16 1/2 years before I was finally diagnosed correctly. And there are still so called doctors who think it's not real-how can someone so ignorant have a medical degree???
Hope you all have a decent day tomorrow.
Kat

craftoholic 05-11-2011 08:12 PM

flax seed oil (omega 3) ( capsules, oil, ground avail) really helps me
diagnosed in 1990

purplemem 05-12-2011 01:13 AM

Diagnosed in 1991, but told it was in my head by several doctors previously. It is such a pain...literally!

Storms, wow! I am proud to wear purple.

Thanks for this thread.

glowworm 05-12-2011 03:09 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. I have suffered all my life. Now, I have the elderly problems on top of it. I did not know there was a special day. Thank you - Thank you!!!!

CarrieAnne 05-12-2011 03:52 AM

Will do!@

ruthruff3 05-12-2011 04:01 AM

Hi Everyone!! I'm so glad that you were all receptive to my post - as all of you know not everyone views fibromyalgia as "real". I have suffered for years too and am now seeing a rheumalogist, family doctor, chiropractor and am set up to see a nutritionist. I take Cymbalta to raise my serotonin levels (which have been out of "whack" for years and have caused migraines long before the fibro pain) and started Lyrica a few weeks ago. I'm getting better sleep and think that I am getting all the proper sleep cycles with the Lyrica and am feeling less exhausted. As fair as pain....well lets just say it's work in progress. Living in Michigan with the weather is rough, my pain started up worse late yesterday, I think in anticipation of todays rain and storms - funny how our bodies know before the weather people do!!! Anyhow, thanks for supporting my efforts and the encouragement - I painted my toe nails purple last night and will proudly wear my purple beaded watch and shirt today for all of you and hope they find a cure for us all soon. Hugs and kisses to each of you!

Janet Espeleta 05-12-2011 04:03 AM

I have had it for over 20 yrs and my dh was just diagnosed w/it. Not a fun thing to deal with especially when you are treated like a hypochondriac! The worst experience I had w/a dr was one who told me I just needed to learn to look forward in my life instead of backwards and walked out of the office! Even his nurse was standing there with her mouth open after that happened. Needless to say I never went back to see that jackass again.