Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FINALLY!! After 3 months of hard work.............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/finally-after-3-months-hard-work-t20274.html)

Izy 05-18-2009 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
looking good again, happy for you
:D

Thanks Ruth, you were all so kind to me when I was so upset by all the mess. We still have the main drive to concrete and hopefully that should be done on Wednesday. Here's a couple of befores......

This is looking down the main drive to the gates when we first had it built
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35449[/ATTACH]

Izy 05-18-2009 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And then this is what happened, after the main rock support wall started to slip :(

Land moving forward, pushed and broke up the main drive
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35450[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 05-18-2009 01:04 PM

From the looks of those pictures, Izy, you could have lost your home. It sure is beautiful now. I love a pool, just a water dog, I am! Would love to put one in, someday!

Ninnie

Izy 05-18-2009 01:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We had to get builders in to pull down the rocks, remove 20 wagon loads of earth and rebuild the whole wall :shock:

Dismantling the huge rock support wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35452[/ATTACH]

Izy 05-18-2009 01:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more

Wall rebuilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35458[/ATTACH]

This is our drive? at the moment, more like a rough track!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35647[/ATTACH]

Izy 05-18-2009 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the top of the drive as before....

From top of drive,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35531[/ATTACH]

Izy 05-18-2009 01:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So hopefully we will have the drive done by the end of this week... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So much for an easy life living in Spain!!

Oh btw...the rains in Spain fall mainly in Periana it seems!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT on a good note, just look how the lake has swelled since last year!!

Same view today!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35532[/ATTACH]

Disappearing Lake Vinuela July 07
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35534[/ATTACH]

Izy 05-18-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
From the looks of those pictures, Izy, you could have lost your home. It sure is beautiful now. I love a pool, just a water dog, I am! Would love to put one in, someday!

Ninnie

Ninnie, we realise we were extremely lucky, the way in which we incorporated two staircases either side of the villa, allowed the flood waters to cascade down and mostly away from the villa, otherwise we really would have been in alot more of a mess than we are and although the flood water did breach into the lower rooms of the villa, and flowed for over 12 hours solid, seeping in through the walls, we were lucky enough to have flush floor drains in the ensuite bedrooms down there so it had a way to escape without causing damage to furnishings,we have had to repaint all the walls downstairs, but no other damage was done phew!! :D

sewjoyce 05-18-2009 01:36 PM

Wow Izy -- it's more than beautiful once again!!

Izy 05-18-2009 01:38 PM

Thanks Sew Joyce, we have a couple of weeks free in June if you fancy a vacation lol!! :D