Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   This is a FIRST for me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/first-me-t198546.html)

LenaBeena 08-25-2012 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Gladygirl (Post 5465499)
My story--my daughter's Dr. said the ultrasound showed she was having a girl so I sewed a beautiful little dress to take with me when I went to stay with her a few days before the baby was due---well, Matt arrived on time but never wore the dress. He is now 25 and I still get teased about the dress!!! Hope ultrasounds are more accurate now!!!

Yes, same thing happened with my friends. After a shower of little pink dresses, nursery all very feminine in decor, Little Corrine Elaine arrived as Carl Edward! This was 20 years ago and I just heard where the latest methods can tell in the first 3 months. So no more surprises.

Caswews 08-25-2012 04:16 PM

OH how interesting ... might have to mention this to my daughter .. hmmmm..

OHSue 08-25-2012 05:07 PM

Sounds like a fun idea!

slk350 08-25-2012 05:17 PM

Sounds like a great idea. I'll have to keep that in mind for when my daughter gets PG and I have a baby shower for her. But, first we have to make sure not to tell anyone else. What if Mom doesn't want to know ??

juropat 08-26-2012 04:42 AM

Yes, my nephew did this approach when they announce their 2nd baby at a family gathering. It was fun for everyone to learn what they were expecting at the same time. Glad it was accurate. Different approach to making announcement are becoming more and more creative. Love it!

PKGranny 08-26-2012 06:59 AM

This seems to be an interesting way to announce what they are expecting around here, as well.
A friend had a family get together for her DS & DDIL to announce what they were having - she had a large stuffed giraffe and had put a pink ribbon on it's head and a blue necktie around the neck -- and the DS&DDIL took off the pink bow to announce a baby boy was on the way.

Carol Ann 08-26-2012 07:11 AM

Have of heard of this before, please post pictures for us all to see. Have fun!!!

Debra Mc 08-26-2012 12:35 PM

My DIL did this & I was very disappointed. They are having a girl & I was hoping for another boy. But it is their problem to raise. Girls are way too much trouble & drama to raise & you can never make them happy no matter what you do for them. It would have been better if they had just called me on the phone & then I could have hid the disappointment in private instead of a crowded resturant. Anyway it is over now. This seems to be such a big deal with new mothers just like the tight shirts showing all of their big bump. Nothing is sacred any more.

ptquilts 08-26-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc (Post 5469669)
My DIL did this & I was very disappointed. They are having a girl & I was hoping for another boy. But it is their problem to raise. Girls are way too much trouble & drama to raise & you can never make them happy no matter what you do for them. It would have been better if they had just called me on the phone & then I could have hid the disappointment in private instead of a crowded resturant. Anyway it is over now. This seems to be such a big deal with new mothers just like the tight shirts showing all of their big bump. Nothing is sacred any more.

I hope you get over your disappointment when you hold your beautiful new GD in your arms. We had 4 GS in a row (in about 4 years ) and when a little girl came along we were thrilled! Love them all!!