Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The first signs of freezing temps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/first-signs-freezing-temps-t282056.html)

Chasing Hawk 09-09-2016 04:17 PM

The first signs of freezing temps

1 Attachment(s)
When I went outside this morning I noticed this upside down icicle. I had watered the evening before and the remaining water in the hose must have leaked out.

The icicle forms from the ground up, I thought it was so cool.

Jeanne S 09-09-2016 04:23 PM

Cool! I can be leave it is that cold already somewhere in the US!!

osewme 09-09-2016 04:40 PM

Wow if it's cold enough to freeze dripping water you must get some mighty intense winters! We are still in the 90's here. That really is a neat picture.

TexasSunshine 09-09-2016 06:12 PM

We are still in the 90s here in East Texas, but it will be cooling down a little soon.

cashs_mom 09-09-2016 06:18 PM

Wow, that's so cool, Chasing Hawk. We're in the 90's here, too. We'll probably get down to the 80's in a few weeks.

lynnie 09-09-2016 07:35 PM

I woke up this am to high humidity and heat at 89*.
I'm speechless over an icicle!

elnan 09-09-2016 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=Chasing Hawk;7648900]When I went outside this morning I noticed this upside down icicle. I had watered the evening before and the remaining water in the hose must have leaked out.
/QUOTE]

Over here closer to Willapa Bay, I was feeding the woodstove last week, and put more cover on the bed. I am so dreading the September storms we get from the SW. Our summer usually lasts about a week or so. It does beat the heat and humidity I grew up with in the South. Don't expect any icicles here on this side of the mtns. for a long time.

Chasing Hawk 09-09-2016 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 7648925)
Wow if it's cold enough to freeze dripping water you must get some mighty intense winters! We are still in the 90's here. That really is a neat picture.

We live near the base of the Cascade Mountains here in Central Oregon. Winters here are cold (like -20 below wind chills),
snowfalls varies from year to year. We are in our Fall weather pattern, days are in the mid 70's and night hit freezing (32 degrees) or hover just above that. Snow could fly as early as Halloween and last till who knows when..lol Or we could have hardly any snow at all then get hammered with several feet in a few days.

mermaid 09-10-2016 03:55 AM

Wow! You have your own stalagmite (''reaching up with all it's might" -that's how I was taught the difference between
stalagmites and stalagtites ("holding on tight" to the ceiling). Cool picture.

ube quilting 09-10-2016 03:56 AM

I have a hard time even opening my freezer to see the cold in there. I don't know it I could handle frost in September or or one week of summer. You are sturdy stock.